*Warning: Results may vary.
- Step into pasture. Never look at the horse you are trying to catch. Talk softly to youself.
- Zig-zag around a little. Go and pet other horses, look at trees, stare at butterflies, etc. all the time never looking at the horse.
- Pass by the horse at an angle. Never go straight for it.
- Finally, turn away and pass very close to the horse at an angle. Look at its feet only.
- Reach out your hand and let it sniff it. This is the way equines greet each other.
- Once the horse sniffs your hand, back away
- Repeat one through four.
- Now, instead of just offering the horse your hand, give it a tasty treat.
- Do this for a while, and maybe, sooner or later, it will let you catch it.