I was really asleep or something while finishing this -- I didn't get any screenshots of coloring his coat or the background! Sorry about that. It was pretty basic stuff anyway, so at least you didn't miss much. Anyway, this took about a year to do, as I originally sketched it sometime in February or early March. However, the actual time spent on it was only about twelve hours. I've gotten faster since then, so the next picture of this size and style I expect to have finished within seven or eight hours of starting the sketch.
I see many, many anatomy errors, but I swear I would do a hundred things differently if I did this again. I may redo this picture in a couple of years when I've gotten more practice and more skill, but until then, this is the final version.
Also, he's a grullo! Haha. Allegro is his name, and he's been a grullo quarter horse-type gelding ever since I "designed" him and Dae (his rider) back in 2009. Next time I'll spend more time on the coat and make it look like it wasn't rushed -- because the coat was actually mostly done during psychology class last semester.
I'm just going to blame college, work, and my health for making this picture take so long to finish. Anyway, hope ya'll end up liking it!