My Equine Sculptures
   

       The Horse Forum > Horse Pictures, Videos, Artwork, and Contests > Horse Artwork

My Equine Sculptures

This is a discussion on My Equine Sculptures within the Horse Artwork forums, part of the Horse Pictures, Videos, Artwork, and Contests category

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        02-13-2009, 02:29 PM
      #1
    Foal
    My Equine Sculptures

    Hi Everyone! :)

    Since a lot of people are on here sharing and talking about art I thought I would share mine too! I am not on a computer that uploads pictures right know but you can see my website at www.worldofequinesculpture.com. I have not updated my website for sometime. But, when I get a chance I will post some new pictures of the sculptures that I am working on and recently finished.

    I specialize in equine portraits in bronze and resin. I have sculpted many different breeds for horse owners.

    I own an Andaulsian which is why you will see a lot of Andalusian sculptures on my website.

    I hope you all enjoy looking!! :)
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        02-14-2009, 04:03 PM
      #2
    Banned
    How do ya make em'?
         
        02-14-2009, 05:44 PM
      #3
    Foal
    I really like them! It's so wonderful that roughly the same method is applied today as it would have been used as far back as the Greeks! I really admire how much time it must take.

    How long does it take you to cast a medium sized bronze sculpture from when you start out to when you finish?
         
        02-14-2009, 07:43 PM
      #4
    Foal
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by morganshow11    
    how do ya make em'?


    All my sculptures start out as wire frames. I sculpt in an oil base clay (plasticine). Which is a type of clay that never drays and I can re-use it many times. Th clay is bult over the wier frame to give the clay support. After I finish sculpting it (which will often take a month or two depending on the size). I take it to my foundry where they make a rubber mold over the sculpture. After the mold cures the clay figure is taken out and wax is poured in. Then I return to the foundry to touch up each wax. Know another mold is made over the wax. This is a ceramic mold that is only used once. The mold is fired and the wax is melted out. Then the bronze is poured in. After the bronze cools the ceramic mold is broken away. Know the bronze is cleaned up and patina is applied and the finished sculpture is mounted on a wooden or marble base.

    Usually the process for one sculpture from beginning to end will take about 3-6 months depending on the detail and size. After the rubber mold is made it will usually take about 4-6 weeks for casting each additional sculpture.

    This is explained on my website http://www.worldofequinesculpture.com/theBronzeProces.htm with pictures of them pouring the bronze.

    I hopping to get some pics of my recent sculptures on hear soon!
         
        02-14-2009, 07:51 PM
      #5
    Foal
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by welshy    
    I really like them! It's so wonderful that roughly the same method is applied today as it would have been used as far back as the Greeks! I really admire how much time it must take.

    How long does it take you to cast a medium sized bronze sculpture from when you start out to when you finish?

    Its really cool! We do use the same basic process though our tools have advanced a great deal. It is a long process. But, I really enjoy each part of it!

    To cast a medium size bronze of a solo horse, will take about 4-6 months depending on the complexity of the sculpture.
         
        02-14-2009, 08:27 PM
      #6
    Foal
    Wow they are absolutly beautiful.

    I especially like Reaglo. It remind me of my stallion.
    He is in the picture to the left.

    Have you every done a Canadian horse. I love andalusions and freisans. But I love to see a Canadian, since there are none out there.

    I have searched many resins and sculputres. But no one has done one yet.
    Just a thought

    Ps love your work
         
        02-14-2009, 08:46 PM
      #7
    Foal
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by LDblackhorse    
    Wow they are absolutly beautiful.

    I especially like Reaglo. It remind me of my stallion.
    He is in the picture to the left.

    Have you every done a Canadian horse. I love andalusions and freisans. But I love to see a Canadian, since there are none out there.

    I have searched many resins and sculputres. But no one has done one yet.
    Just a thought

    Ps love your work
    Thank you!! I thought of Regalo as soon as I saw your stallion. Your stallion is very beautiful!

    I've never done a Canadian horse. It would be fun to do one. I mostly end up doing dressage sport horses because I know a lot of dressage riders.

    Do you own Canadian horses? If you do I would love to see pics of them!! :)
         
        02-15-2009, 11:04 AM
      #8
    Weanling
    Very beautiful work!
         
        02-16-2009, 12:18 AM
      #9
    Showing
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dressage101    
    Thank you!! I thought of Regalo as soon as I saw your stallion. Your stallion is very beautiful!

    I've never done a Canadian horse. It would be fun to do one. I mostly end up doing dressage sport horses because I know a lot of dressage riders.

    Do you own Canadian horses? If you do I would love to see pics of them!! :)
    I'll steal the thunder on that one since she didn't reply. I also own a Canadian. If you take a look at my signature you will see his website.
    Cache Dawn Taxes ?Cobalt?
         
        02-19-2009, 02:56 PM
      #10
    Foal
    Ahhh Colbalt is trying to steal my thunder huh. LOL

    Just kidding sorry I did reply sooner.

    But I only have the one Canadian and that is him to the left.
    AS you can see there are many Canadian enthusists on this site. Many who would be willing to show you some more pictures of them, if you decide to make one.

    Hope you will try and may I ask how much you sell the regalo staute for.
    If I get some extra money together I would love to get one.
         

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    Equine First Aid 101 shmurmer4 Horse Health 7 01-10-2009 12:43 AM
    New Equine Rescue in Need!!!! missflutter Horse Protection 6 08-28-2008 11:51 PM
    Equine Motorcoach ddunlop@stinnettrv.com Tack and Equipment Classifieds 4 01-06-2008 03:47 PM
    Equine Help 101 Designingshinto Horse Training 0 03-15-2007 08:26 PM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:14 PM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0