A PACEO (Personalized Art Cards, Editions, and Originals) is a tool for improvement commonly used by artists of various backgrounds, "style," and medium use.
They measure 3.5 inches by 2.5 inches, and were originally used as a way of critique. Artists would draw on these cards, which were compact and easy to draw on as they weren't a large canvas, and take them to conventions. Once there they would trade cards with other artists (and collect the card[s] given to them) and get a thorough critique from one another.
As of today it still serves that purpose, but is also a term for entertainment and practice as well as to meet artistic friends from around the world. In light of this, I'd like to bring a "group" of ACEO artists to the Horse Forum!
In this group we will not be trading ACEOs that we create ourselves with no direct purpose. They will be personalized
for your partner! It can be them with their horse, their horse, their whatever! It's a small piece of artistic sentiment for them.
As an artist who had little artistic mentor(s) or support growing up, I strive to teach other artists what I've learned. By allowing ACEO trades I can help artists of various cultures as I've done before while having fun with them at the same time!
_________________________________________ The Rules of the "Group"
- Should you ship your cards, all address information is to be held privately (such as in a private message).
- Trading partners will be chosen at random. Partners will be chosen by the 5th of each month (and announced accordingly). Please announce your participation by the 4th. (Partners will literally be drawn from a hat.)
- Members have a whole month to complete their half of the trade! If someone is left with an incomplete, they will be barred from the next trading session. Don't miss out!
- Trades are to be completed by the 26th of each month and shipped out, if possible, by then. If you're not shipping them to one another, no matter for that.
- Any traditional art medium is acceptable! However, digital art is not allowed (due to printing conflicts), and outside of that the only other requirement is size -- it must measure 2.5"x2.5" to meet the ACEO standard.
- All skill levels accepted! New to drawing? No problem! You won't be shunned from participating.
_________________________________________ How to Trade
Once your partner is announced, the rest is up to you guys! Contact your partner via private form (message or e-mail) and ask them what they'd like, and outline what you would like, on your card. Once this is complete you can begin drawing! Don't forget to ask if they would like to have the card mailed to them.
Once you've completed your half of the trade, scan it, and send it off if need-be. By scanning it you can display it on the Internet. I suggest you post it to the forum (link is below) -- I will choose an artist once a month to be featured; and those artists just may earn a prize! I also strongly suggest that each participant join the PACEO Forum, where I will be posting the topics for participation. (That way, I'm not spamming up HF each month.) Please maintain activity; I'm not asking for all-day every-day, just enough to keep the forum "alive."
If you'd like to participate in February's trade, join the forum