01-18-2011, 09:05 PM
| || |
You can also make the subject of your picture in color, and make the background black/white. You can also make the background sepia/with other colors. Just select what you want instead of "desaturate"
1. Upload photo
2. Go to Layers>Duplicate layer. (Also do control L to pull up the Layers menu)
3. Go to Colors>Desaturate
4. Then, Layer>Transparency>Add Alpha Channel (this makes the top layer clear)
5. Click on the Eraser tool from your toolbox. You can change the brush size by using the Scale option.
7. "Erase" the top layer where you want the color to shine through.
8. If you are done with the picture, you can then go Image>Flatten Image, to merge the two layers. You can then save it. You can also save it when it's double layers, you'll just have to select "export" somewhere along the saving process. Also, make sure you do "save as" not just save because save replaces the original copy of the photo on your computer.
I attatched the same picture above with a really quick version of changing the background. (hense the green around the mane and tail ;) )