03-23-2012, 05:15 PM
| || |
I've always had mine at home and recently started boarding.
Here is my advice:
1. Make sure everything is spelled out in the boarding contract such as:
- any services they will supply (blanketing, fly spray, etc.)
- anything they expect of you should also be spelled out.
2. Double check everything. My contract included a service that apparently wasn't being done.
3. Remember that no one cares for your horse like you do. You will need to be there frequently to double check on everything. I really hate to go more than a week without getting there for several days in a row.
4. Vary your schedule when you visit. Don't want anyone to get used to your being there at the same time, all the time.
Good luck with everything. We are hoping to get property so that I can get the horses back to the house.