Anyway. Thursday night the middle of the arena collapsed because of snow and ice build up. The barn apparently come to find out is not insured anymore because they refused to maintain or just couldn't afford it which would have been preventable maintenance for the arena and barns. The insurance company dumped them 4 years ago. I started boarding there under the impression they were insured and coming along just fine. Now come to find out they're in debt and I'm pretty sure they won't be able to dig their way out without either selling to break even or declaring bankruptcy. Now I'm kicking myself in the butt because if I had known any of this my horses wouldn't be in the situation they are in. I knew they were struggling a little bit but I had no idea they were in debt and really do not have the funds to run a boarding facility! Looking back, it explains a lot and now I just feel ridiculous and stupid that things didn't pop out at me until this happened.
My trainer is incredibly difficult to describe but I will do the best I can. There's threads buried on here about frustrations I've previously had and taken care of with her. For the last year I've had no issues which was great until now. She's incredibly immature when faced with a decision or situation she has no control over. She throws silent treatments, talks sH&t, rants, mumbles grumbles, and then gets headaches and blames everything on something or somebody else. I told her exactly how and what to feed Lestat and I told her specifically not to feed her the grain she feeds. Beetpulp sure but grain no. It's way too sweet, my girls shouldn't even be getting it and I keep seeing little clumps of it in their feeders! I don't want pethositis or however you spell it in my little boy and this grain will for sure make it happen. No no no no but does she understand it NO. I can't be there to feed in the mornings but I am at night and make sure he gets none except for his hay and his beet pulp. She keeps stressing he'll need minerals and grains later but I'm leaving those decisions to my vet to tell me when and what he can have. It worries me!
Back to the arena collapsing. The Arena is indoor attached to the barn. The barn part is supposedly structurally sound but my girls have their backs to the loose flapping in the wind loud metal sheets hanging from the shambles that used to be the middle of the arena. On Thursday when it collapsed I told her that I was going to be moving my horses. She said it sucked but she understood. That was the end of it. I told her Dad who owns the place and he said he'll miss me, I'm like family and I said if they needed help with clearing things and helping with horses I'll be right around the corner. He and my trainer said thank you.
Today I solidified plans with my friend to haul my girls to the place I'm moving them to on Tuesday. I told my trainer that because of Lestats injury on his shoulder I needed to leave him there full care and I'll pay full board until he is sound to haul. I'll know more from the vet tomorrow. I told her Tuesday evening I'll be moving my girls. Without blowing up in my face but giving me a very nasty cold shoulder and tight tone she says. "The remaining part of the arena is solid. You don't need to move. Your horses are fine and if you move we're out a thousand or more dollars. You can't use our truck anymore if you're not here and what do you want me to do with Lestat when you're not here. Don't you get the arena is standing and there's nothing else wrong? Your horses don't need to go anywhere and if you wait until Lestat is fine you can move them all at once instead of leaving him here. "
I told her "Look. I'm moving my horses and I would move them all at once if I was able to but I am not. I'm moving my girls first because their backs are to the damage, the sheets are flapping and Legacy almost went over her wall because she's terrified of the noise. Colic is one of the last things I or anyone else here needs to deal with right now much less any other injury. I don't need her or any of my others clearing walls because the sheet of metal behind them is scaring them senseless. Besides that I see no reason to pay the amount of board you're asking currently because of this situation. I'm sorry but it's not a fair amount given that half the amenties being paid for in board and no longer available. My horses are turned out next to a wall that could come down at any moment and that alone makes me extremely nervous. I will pay my board up on Lestat and then I will be hauling him out as soon as possible. If his stay lasts into next month I will pay daily for his care until he is sound enough to move but I will not be keeping my horses here."
At this point she started slamming feed cans and buckets and scoops down instead of lightly placing them in their correct places. I told her I talked with her dad and let him know and he was fine with it and completely understood my position. I told her I offered my help in clean up and if they decide to go the outdoor arena route I'd help build it up. I'm not ditching the barn. I'm moving my horses because their safety and comfort is my number one priority.
She comes back with "well are you moving them really because of the arena or because you don't like how I'm taking care of them." I said I truly was moving them because of the arena. It's not safe and I won't have my horses there while there's nails hanging and metal sheets blowing in the wind. I reminded her my horses would be moving in a couple months anyway because I have my own property now and they would be going there, this just happened to come sooner.
I said I'd be out tomorrow and she asked if I could feed for her since she'd be out with her father doing errands and what not. I said no problem. I'd do it anyway.
I left after that because I was starving and needed food before a headache set in. I called my parents and told them the situation. My mom stressed to ask the vet about moving lestat sooner than later so that's my chore for tomorrow. After thinking about everything I'm not kicking myself in the ass for not moving earlier. I would have had to go through her BS either way and she knew last year I was in the process of buying a property and would be moving this year anyway. She was bouncing off the walls and hugging me and squealing when she found out I finally found a place. I understand she's going through a lot right now. I understand they have no way to afford any clearing on the damage but I'd think she'd at least understand the need for safety. If you don't have room to keep horses away from a dangerous situation don't be butt hurt when their owner wants to move them! Simple! Now I'm worried what she's going to do to Lestat if I'm not there all the time. The barn I'm moving to is right up the street and popping in the check on him and give him love every evening isn't going to be an issue, I plan on doing exactly that.
I'm just frustrated.
I'm worried about my horses until I can move them.
I'm worried about the safety in moving Lestat once he's sound to move
I'm worried about what's going to go on when I'm not there
On top of that my insurance company for my horses hasn't processed Legacy and that needs to be done ASAP and I need to get Lestat insured ASAP and can't get a hold of anybody to help me fill out the paperwork! Caleigh has been insured and with the same company and I've never had this many issues getting a hold of somebody!
I just want my horses with me safe and sound. Or at least at their new place up the street. They can chill there safe, I know the owner previously and the downside is a lack of indoor arena, however at the current situation there is no longer and indoor anyway. I have no problem just leaving them there, bringing them out to brush and fuss with. I won't need to worry about pipes breaking and freezing. I can wash off the muddy toes. She knows how to handle stud colts where as I'm coming to think my trainer has no clue. I just want them safe and sound ASAP.
Ok...I think I'm done.
I'll go bake some cookies for anyone who read this. I feel a bit better now. I'm hungry again.