Originally Posted by kimberlyrae1993
I board free with an older gentleman who has had horses is whole life well he's stuck in his ways of horsemanship...
So things he does...
1. Puts a cap of bleach in trough
2. Puts cracked corn in his feed
3. When his gelding is being impatient he ties him to a tree till he learns to be calm..(did this to Amy the other day too)
4. Puts bleach on horses with rain rot...
5. This doesn't sound too bad actually, now that you've changed SOAKS to SPRINKLES
6. Gets very angry with Amy when she lifts her lip up (sniffing) cause he swears she's sucking air (she is a cribber but that's not what she's doing)..
He is a super nice man I have known him since I was a kid and don't want to move Amy just need advice
Posted via Mobile Device
#1 not a problem, controls algae growth
#2 not the best nutrition but if he's not over doing it, I wouldn't worry about it
#3 a Patience Pole or tree is a good training tool, again not a problem
#4 bleach and water is a very cheap and effective way to clear it up, I prefer other methods
#5 this isn't so bad, now that you've changed SOAKS to DAMPENS
#6 you're probably never going to convince him she's not cribbing but you can try.
Based on these things and free board? I wouldn't be moving any time soon.