I've only had my horse for about 1 1/2 months and I've had him at this boarding stable just as long. But...I don't like this stable. The facility is decent but I feel like they could do a much better job. They have him standing in knee deep mud and I have to let him run out of the gate when I go get him otherwise I'll get stuck. And I feel they aren't giving enough hay. I could buy more from them but they'll charge me double for what they pay and I won't even know if he gets it all because they just throw it in with all the other horses. They also require about 8 different vaccines some of which they require again in fall...I'm not one that believes in too many vaccines. And the people are bipolar. I could go one day and they'll be very talkative then the next they won't even talk to me.
Anyway, I've found a barn a few miles away from this one that costs a little bit more but it seems they're more family oriented and focus more on the horses (plus they live on site which is a plus). I called the lady last night and she talked to me for nearly an hour and she was very helpful. I'm going to go look at it in a couple days but I already like the looks/sound of it. Plus they don't require all those vaccines and it's up to the owner if they want to vaccinate their horse or not. Except she does of course require a couple basic ones....NOT 8!!!!!!!!!!!!
My question is how do I go about telling my current barn that I'm moving him (if I decide to) since he's only been there for a couple months?