Move or stay. Opinions on situation? - Page 2

       The Horse Forum > Barns, Boarding, and Farms > Horse Boarding

Move or stay. Opinions on situation?

This is a discussion on Move or stay. Opinions on situation? within the Horse Boarding forums, part of the Barns, Boarding, and Farms category

    Like Tree7Likes

    LinkBack Thread Tools
        06-23-2012, 03:46 PM
    Are there any other palces you can look into before deciding? The safety of the horse alone would push me to move, but I do understand that finding and getting hay can be a pain and expensive.
    Sponsored Links
        06-23-2012, 04:11 PM
    The new place sounds good, but get EVERYTHING in writing!!!
        06-23-2012, 04:30 PM
    The new place sounds like a paradise compared to where your at now I'd move if I were you!
        06-23-2012, 07:08 PM
    Green Broke
    Originally Posted by livestoride    
    Are there any other palces you can look into before deciding? The safety of the horse alone would push me to move, but I do understand that finding and getting hay can be a pain and expensive.
    I live in Ny, an hour away from NYC. I am literally at a bare minimum for what board goes for up here. $175 is unheard of and $225 for your own paddock is a steal. Nothing around here is anywheres near affordable for me. Some of the nicer bigger barns go for upwards of $1,000/month. so at $225 for my own pasture is a pretty decent deal. I've been searching forever for a nice place and I just remembered this place is up the road and decided to call and it just so happend that he was in my price range. The hay issue I don't think will cost too much. I mean for 3 horses they have probably 6 acres and all three are very easy keepers. In the winter I was going to do round bails because I prefer they have 24/7 in the rough weathers.

    Not sure if I sound crazy or if It actually sound like a good idea! LOL
    Posted via Mobile Device
        06-24-2012, 04:36 PM
    Green Broke
    So it went from 6 horses moving, to three, to quite possibly only my two. ugh why does this have to be so stressful. For only two horses, though I do believe he will hike the price back up to $250 per horse (instead of the $225 per horse If I brought 3) because he won't be making any money.

    Posted via Mobile Device
        06-25-2012, 07:58 PM
    If it's only going to be your two horses, maybe he'd be willing to split up the pasture so he can still make money by boarding someone else's horses in the rest of it?
        06-25-2012, 08:05 PM
    Green Broke
    I don't know if he'd be willing to split it because there is only one run in in that pasture so if he splits it one of those pastures won't hve a run in.

    There are smaller paddocks but all are taken. And the other paddocks don't have run ins.

    I think I am moving my horses am still waiting to hear from my friend whats going on with hers. (family problems occurred...) don't want to harass the girl but I kinda need to know! Lol.

    I'm going to feel like a complete moron telling the guy Im bringing just my two for now and am waiting to hear from y friend because first I had told him we were looking to bring in 6 horses (which we were..) then I told him three, now it's just my two right now... It looks like I am so wishy washy. Ugh. This is so nerve wracking....
    Posted via Mobile Device
        06-25-2012, 08:20 PM
    Well, you know you have to move your horses before one of them gets injured, more of a "when they do" than a "if they do". Guess you should speak to the guy again and tell him it's only 2 horses, the others baled on you because hay wasn't included. If he offers you a deal, good, if not, well it's closer and safer and not massive amounts of dollars more. I would have moved my horses ages ago, I won't risk my horses near barb wire, being with other horses that pick on them and a crappy arena to ride in.
        06-25-2012, 09:35 PM
    Green Broke
    Yep true wares, never again! I mean it's not a BAD place but I don't need him to up board and me paying $225 for nothing, oh well. I gota call the guy tomorrow and speak with him. I hate being the voice for everyone because then I look like an idiot when everyone else bails. I'm sure my other friend is coming but right now it's just a waiting game when I need to know asap. Argh. Ah well.
    Posted via Mobile Device
        06-25-2012, 11:09 PM
    I totally feel you- I'm also looking into possible places to board in DC that are affordable and am not having much luck! The new place that's closer to your house sounds like a much better situation. As some of the other posts suggested, definitely get whatever agreement you decide on in writing. Would he give you a break on costs if you helped him out with things around the property (mucking paddocks, helping feed,etc)? Not that you should be obligated to, but it never hurts to ask :)

    Quick Reply
    Please help keep the Horse Forum enjoyable by reporting rude posts.

    Register Now

    In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

    Already have a Horse Forum account?
    Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

    New to the Horse Forum?
    Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.

    User Name:
    Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
    Confirm Password:
    Email Address
    Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
    Email Address:


    Human Verification

    In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

    Old Thread Warning
    This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    Stay with snaffle or move on? myQHpaul Horse Tack and Equipment 9 04-01-2012 06:32 PM
    Is my situation better than I think it is? AllThePrettyHorses Horse Talk 9 02-06-2012 05:42 PM
    Comparisons. To move, or not to move? cosmomomo Barn Maintenance 4 12-13-2010 12:33 AM
    Should I move to this barn? (new feeding situation) tarebear Horse Nutrition 15 06-15-2010 01:22 PM
    my situation sydney Horse Talk 4 12-03-2008 02:23 PM

    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:26 AM.

    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0