I will be moving for a new job in April and will have to move my horse at some point. I can keep him boarded where he is currently, but I would like to move him sooner, rather than later, so we don't have to be apart until my house sells.
I'm looking to rent an apartment in Marietta and would like to find a boarding facility that is no more than 25 miles away or 30 minutes (whichever ends up being the lesser of the two). Based on my initial research, it looks like Powder Springs, Kennesaw and maybe Dallas? Here are some of my wish list items the facility should have
- Board- must be $550 or less. Pasture board is ok too
- Riding Arena- covered or indoor
- Trails- at least 10 acres, but preferably significantly more, wooded is even better
- mirrors in arena
- able to bring in own trainer/instructor
- laid back atmosphere. Show if you want but not feel pressured to
To me, it doesn't matter if the barn is h/j, western or dressage. As long as the criteria are met and the people are friendly and the horses are well cared for!
Thanks in advance for your help and suggestions