Need Advice in Making Boarding Decision - Page 3

       The Horse Forum > Barns, Boarding, and Farms > Horse Boarding

Need Advice in Making Boarding Decision

This is a discussion on Need Advice in Making Boarding Decision within the Horse Boarding forums, part of the Barns, Boarding, and Farms category

    Like Tree7Likes

    LinkBack Thread Tools
        08-14-2013, 10:16 AM
    Originally Posted by verona1016    
    I'd have called the bank to cancel the check as soon as I was out of the driveway
    In retrospect, I should have. It was the first time myself and my Mom had boarded a horse anywhere, and I was just in shock that they did it in the first place. (i.e., I was naive.) We come from an area where deals are made on blind faith and a handshake, and if you don't abide by your deal, you absolutely ruin your reputation. We had the deputy read the contract, and he said that since they stated in the contract that they were to provide a safe turnout for my horse, and didn't fulfill that portion of said contract, I'd be able to get my money back. Unfortunately grad school has taken every bit of time I have, so I haven't gotten to filing the papers. I plan on doing that this fall. Until then, I plan on spreading this story.

    Stagecoach has been managed by umpteen people in the last couple of years. They say it's "cursed" because each new manager gets worse and worse. The owner of the facility could care less how it operates; she just wants the monthly rent. (I actually called her and she pretty much made that clear.) The indoor arena actually used to be a turkey barn. I kid you not. Found that out afterwards. If they'd just put up some plywood over the exposed insulation, they would have been fine. When my mare got loose (went through the small paddock with the "hardly on" electric fence), they didn't even call me. One manager complained to me about it the next week, and the other manager (when I stole a look at her face) had this look like she wasn't going to say anything about it. My horse had had cockleburs in her mane a week before, and there weren't any cockleburs in the pasture, so it made me wonder if she'd gotten loose and run into the timber nearby, and they just didn't tell me. The facility is right next to a road that leads to a gun range next door, with 2 blind hills that people just fly over. Since I've left I've also heard of horses getting out, and grazing in the hay ground just east of the facility. A woman at a daycare next door told me that she and the other women would take the kids to the windows to "see the pretty ponies." Interstate 35 is only 1/2 a mile or so east of the facility, so you can see how this is a big, big deal.

    It has the potential to be a nice facility, if they'd put some work into it. The management is the problem. They always had monthly pizza parties, which made you feel like one of the group, but they always turned into drunk fests with the managers. They'd even seriously joke about riding my unbroke filly like I wasn't there. Made me uneasy, to say the least.

    Just whatever you do, Corazon, steer clear of Stagecoach. They are bad, bad news.
    Sponsored Links

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    Tell me I'm making the right decision not to keep Ruby here? Horseshygranny Horse Talk 34 01-10-2013 10:33 PM
    Need Help making decision riderparent English Riding 5 10-13-2012 11:06 PM
    Need help making a decision?!? sheawhittet Horse Health 15 11-02-2010 11:38 PM
    Need help making a decision! wannahorse22 Horse Boarding 9 08-18-2010 08:27 AM
    Do you think I'm making the right decision? SonnyWimps Horse Talk 7 10-25-2008 08:05 PM

    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:39 PM.

    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0