Possible new horse.. and board
Hi there --
I have a question for you all. Tomorrow morning, I'm going to be looking at a horse to get. Normally, the horse would be sold for however many dollars, but due to circumstances, the owner is willing to let the horse go for free, pending that it stays at the current barn where it is. The horse hasn't been ridden, and just put out to pasture for the last few months. This is fantastic news for me.. except for one aspect:
I'm not financially able to start boarding until September. I don't know if anyone else has run into a similar situation.. but is it possible to ask to continue riding it/ taking care of it until the boarding starts? Or work off board until September? How does that question even come up?
Is this something that boarding facilities can accomodate?
Thanks in advance.