*Foal did not make it* - Foal due soon! Color/sex guesses? - Page 4 - The Horse Forum
 1Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 186 Old 07-08-2011, 06:22 PM
Weanling
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 312
• Horses: 4
subbing!

"When Nature made the Thoroughbred, she made no mistake."
"when riding a horse we borrow freedom."
Jessskater is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 186 Old 07-09-2011, 01:27 PM Thread Starter
Started
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Quad Cities, IL
Posts: 1,775
• Horses: 3
321 days

Well I have good news and bad news!

The good news is that Aura seems to be progressing nicely. Her bag is getting bigger and her belly is matching it! The milk vein is staying slightly apparent and she seems to be slowing down lately. Also, not pregnancy related, I did attempt to clip her for the first time yesterday. I didn't tie her or anything because I wanted to see her reaction. I managed both ears and her halter/bridle path with NO ISSUES, she never even moved an inch. GOOD GIRL!

Bad news is apparently I'm a total failure and can't count :( which is a shame since I've always been a math major. I was off on the days apparently and Aura is now only 321 days which means much more waiting. I think she still has a few good weeks before we have a baby but at least my dates are correct now!

Photos of course:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 7-9.jpg (78.3 KB, 416 views)
File Type: jpg 7-9b.jpg (35.7 KB, 414 views)


Challenge me, Dare me, or even defy me. But do NOT underestimate me...
For on the back of my horse nothing is impossible!
Poco1220 is offline  
post #33 of 186 Old 07-10-2011, 07:08 PM
Weanling
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Western MA
Posts: 521
• Horses: 1
Ugh, I hate it when I do that! (you are not alone). Her bags are fuller in the latest pic then mine was the night before she foaled. They like to keep us guessing!
momo3boys is offline  
post #34 of 186 Old 07-10-2011, 07:12 PM
Trained
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 6,132
• Horses: 0
Just going off her back I would say that there is still a ways to go.
NdAppy is offline  
post #35 of 186 Old 07-11-2011, 12:04 PM Thread Starter
Started
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Quad Cities, IL
Posts: 1,775
• Horses: 3
Yea she's actually 323 days today and I won't start doing nightly checks until she either starts looking much closer or until we hit 340 days.
Posted via Mobile Device
Poco1220 is offline  
post #36 of 186 Old 07-11-2011, 11:08 PM
Weanling
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Acworth, GA
Posts: 451
• Horses: 0
I really should unsubscribe from this thread. I want her so bad hahhaa. CANNOT wait for this beautiful baby Poco! I think my obsession with paints is slightly unhealthy hehe.

-Kelsey
Horseless currently. Hoping someday that will change.
atreyu917 is offline  
post #37 of 186 Old 07-11-2011, 11:23 PM Thread Starter
Started
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Quad Cities, IL
Posts: 1,775
• Horses: 3
I'm pretty much decided if it's a filly it will be registered as: "LF Miss Love n Liquor" it doesn't have anything to do with either of their names but I just love it lol. Not sure on a colt name yet but I am thinking regardless the foals barn name will probably be "Promo" lol.


Challenge me, Dare me, or even defy me. But do NOT underestimate me...
For on the back of my horse nothing is impossible!
Poco1220 is offline  
post #38 of 186 Old 07-12-2011, 09:58 AM
Started
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: In the barn whenever possible.
Posts: 1,910
• Horses: 2
Gorgeous horse! Can hardly wait to see the baby!! Ps....slightly off topic, but what is "frame". I don't know much about paints.

"Riding a horse is not a gentle hobby, to be picked up and laid down like a game of solitaire. It is a grand passion. It seizes a person whole and, once it has done so, he will have to accept that his life will be radically changed." -Ralph Waldo Emerson
Plains Drifter is offline  
post #39 of 186 Old 07-12-2011, 10:17 AM
Trained
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 6,132
• Horses: 0
Frame overo is a white pattern that when present in the homozygous form (two copies) it is always lethal. Breeding two frame carries together gives you a 25% chance of a doomed to die foal, 50% chance of a frame carrier, and a 25% chance of a non-frame foal.

This is a really good example showing how the white is "framed" by color, and this is why it is referred to as frame.




Frame overo is also referred to as OLWS (Overo Lethal White Syndrome) or being an OLWS carrier.
NdAppy is offline  
post #40 of 186 Old 07-12-2011, 10:27 AM Thread Starter
Started
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Quad Cities, IL
Posts: 1,775
• Horses: 3
Thanks ND you beat me to it!


Challenge me, Dare me, or even defy me. But do NOT underestimate me...
For on the back of my horse nothing is impossible!
Poco1220 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.



User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Foal Color, help me guess what color he'll shed out.. frogtree Horse Breeding 11 04-25-2012 10:29 PM
foal! color question? Starryeyed Horse Breeding 13 05-08-2009 03:09 PM
Foal, foal, cute little foal!!!!!!!! PIC OVERLOAD! DutchHorse Horse Pictures 9 07-21-2008 10:19 PM
Foal Color whinruss Horse Breeding 21 12-21-2007 12:39 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome