2012 Expected Foals - Page 5
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Horse Breeds, Breeding, and Genetics > Horse Breeding

2012 Expected Foals

This is a discussion on 2012 Expected Foals within the Horse Breeding forums, part of the Horse Breeds, Breeding, and Genetics category
  • Quarter horse dun sabino
  • Appaloosa horse studs

View Poll Results: Are you...
Expecting 7 63.64%
Not Expecting 4 36.36%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree17Likes

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    01-03-2012, 06:09 PM
  #41
Started
New_Image. Your mares are just gorgeous! Where in Mi are you? I'm below Grand Rapids about 45 minutes, but we have a cabin up near Cadillac. I love your Black Sabino mare. Very pretty. Who are they bred to? Were you trying for some color? Colored TB's are so breath-taking!


Thanks! The mares are half sisters, daughters of Puchilingui. They are bred to my palomino Guaranteed Gold son.


We are hoping for color but mostly just hoping for happy healthy babies. The black bay sabino mares first colt was a smokey black (Guaranteed Gold son) and I would LOVE a smokey black filly. There are pictures of the colt in the conformation critique second right now, and of the mares half brother. We are located just outside of Cadillac, actually :)
     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    01-03-2012, 06:16 PM
  #42
Green Broke
What a handsome, muscular boy he is New Image. Love him!
     
    01-03-2012, 09:04 PM
  #43
Trained
Nice looking stallion! Do you stand him to outside mares? It's cool that you are fairly close, but I always wonder, whenever we are up there I NEVER see any hayfields! Where in the world do you get your hay? It is grass hay or does alfalfa grow decently up there? And is it pretty expensive up there? We paid $3.25/bale here for about a 60LB bale.

How exciting. I hope you get the smokey black filly your waiting for.

I'm going to guess, out of the bay mare, you'll get a buckskin colt. And out of the sabino mare........hmmmm........I'll go with smokey black sabino filly. That should send you some luck.
     
    01-03-2012, 10:21 PM
  #44
Started
What do you mean you never see hay fields, they are everywhere! Well, actually Cadillac is crappy and mostly sand so no you wouldn't see much for good fields. The hay is out where we are, Missaukee county. I have a little 1st cut timothy hay and mostly second cut half alfalfa hay. We get squares for $2.75 and 600 pound rounds for $25. This is well below the going rate, it seems to average more $3.50 for squares and $40 for rounds.

Yes, I do have Beyond Blonde at stud to outside mares.

Thanks for the luck! Thus far the stallion has produced a palomino filly, a chestnut rabicano filly and a chestnut filly. I told him to keep on going with the fillies. I have these two girls confirmed in foal to him and possibly my Percheron mare for late fall (pictured in avatar with him)
     
    01-03-2012, 11:17 PM
  #45
Trained
Where we stay, there's such sandy soil. It's horrible. Our cabin is in Irons and it's completely sand city there!

Last year we paid $55 for round bales. Those hay prices are really great that you pay.
     
    01-05-2012, 08:52 PM
  #46
Weanling
I wasn't planning on breeding for 2012, But According to the vet my Appaloosa Mare is 7 months along. To a ether of 2 studs, but the main suspect is a dun Quarter Horse Stud who is registered and has show points on him.

Latest pic we have of her(taken in Sep. 2011):
     
    01-05-2012, 09:45 PM
  #47
Green Broke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse295    
I wasn't planning on breeding for 2012, But According to the vet my Appaloosa Mare is 7 months along. To a ether of 2 studs, but the main suspect is a dun Quarter Horse Stud who is registered and has show points on him.

Latest pic we have of her(taken in Sep. 2011):
Well, that's a happy surprise.. hope you have a sweet, healthy foal..
     
    01-05-2012, 10:15 PM
  #48
Yearling
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLaPorte432    
Nice looking stallion! Do you stand him to outside mares? It's cool that you are fairly close, but I always wonder, whenever we are up there I NEVER see any hayfields! Where in the world do you get your hay? It is grass hay or does alfalfa grow decently up there? And is it pretty expensive up there? We paid $3.25/bale here for about a 60LB bale.

How exciting. I hope you get the smokey black filly your waiting for.

I'm going to guess, out of the bay mare, you'll get a buckskin colt. And out of the sabino mare........hmmmm........I'll go with smokey black sabino filly. That should send you some luck.
I pay $8.00 to $15 for small square here that weigh about 80LBs, I would love to only pay that much for hay. Consider yourself lucky.
     
    01-05-2012, 10:25 PM
  #49
Weanling
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarie    
I pay $8.00 to $15 for small square here that weigh about 80LBs, I would love to only pay that much for hay. Consider yourself lucky.
We only pay $3-$5 for square bales in the Winter. Around 80lbs.

We are buying 200 bales for only $2/bale.

We were going WOW at $5 bales, I guess we should count our blessings and be happy that is all we have to pay!
     
    01-05-2012, 10:32 PM
  #50
Green Broke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse295    
We only pay $3-$5 for square bales in the Winter. Around 80lbs.

We are buying 200 bales for only $2/bale.

We were going WOW at $5 bales, I guess we should count our blessings and be happy that is all we have to pay!
Alfalfa bales in Fl are going for $18 (regular squares).. yes-- you guys up north are very fortunate..
     

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Would you ever have expected... aspin231 Horse Riding Critique 11 04-02-2010 09:21 PM
New Filly not what I expected...ugh shesinthebarn Horse Breeding 49 01-13-2010 11:12 PM
Expected but Unexpected BluMagic Horse Riding Critique 13 01-13-2009 05:26 PM
Better than expected wanderlust Horse Riding 4 01-09-2009 03:21 PM
expected hieght of foal 2mares Horse Breeds 7 03-21-2007 03:40 AM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0