Booked my mare to be bred next year - Page 2
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Horse Breeds, Breeding, and Genetics > Horse Breeding

Booked my mare to be bred next year

This is a discussion on Booked my mare to be bred next year within the Horse Breeding forums, part of the Horse Breeds, Breeding, and Genetics category

    Like Tree74Likes

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        04-22-2013, 07:10 PM
      #11
    Green Broke
    The two year old sliding stop pictures make me shake my head. We have a two year old QH so downhill and immature I can't even imagine getting on her to walk around right now. Sorry, random observation.

    He is absolutely gorgeous though. I agree with a bit downhill but I think that's almost acceptable in working QH's these days? I could be wrong.

    At least you know what color the foal will be! LOL
    Posted via Mobile Device
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        04-22-2013, 07:24 PM
      #12
    Banned
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacabreMikolaj    
    The two year old sliding stop pictures make me shake my head. We have a two year old QH so downhill and immature I can't even imagine getting on her to walk around right now. Sorry, random observation.

    He is absolutely gorgeous though. I agree with a bit downhill but I think that's almost acceptable in working QH's these days? I could be wrong.

    At least you know what color the foal will be! LOL
    Posted via Mobile Device
    No, going downhill with the working REINING QH is not really acceptable, it's harder to get them light and up off their front end. If they're downhill they can certainly perform but they could perform a whole lot better if they weren't. I know, my QH reining bred gelding is slightly down hill, it takes a little more effort to get him traveling correct, but he can do it.
    nvr2many likes this.
         
        04-22-2013, 07:25 PM
      #13
    Foal
    I agree about the 2 year old. I like mine to be a little older. He is a bit more downhill than most but he truly could be growing. I am not sure.
    90% chance palomino 10% buckskin.
         
        04-22-2013, 07:44 PM
      #14
    Green Broke
    If he's cremello and she is chestnut, palomino is your only option
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Golden Horse and Poseidon like this.
         
        04-22-2013, 07:46 PM
      #15
    Green Broke
    And thanks MuppetGirl. I can't see how downhill is desirable but it seems to be so common in some QH's, I figured there must be a reason.
    Posted via Mobile Device
         
        04-22-2013, 07:50 PM
      #16
    Banned
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacabreMikolaj    
    And thanks MuppetGirl. I can't see how downhill is desirable but it seems to be so common in some QH's, I figured there must be a reason.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Well it's been bred into some of them (in particular Halter bred lines) , and not been selectively bred out....and sometimes it just happens......but moreover it's just people breeding and 'hoping' it doesn't pass on....
    nvr2many likes this.
         
        04-22-2013, 08:00 PM
      #17
    Foal
    She is sorrel
         
        04-22-2013, 08:04 PM
      #18
    Trained
    Getting a front end heavy horse to learn to carry their weight on their hind end when it's natural for them to go on their front is NOT fun.
    Golden Horse and Muppetgirl like this.
         
        04-22-2013, 08:06 PM
      #19
    Green Broke
    Chestnut, sorrel, potato, patato.
         
        04-22-2013, 08:38 PM
      #20
    Foal
    The stallion owner told me that. I didn't check. It really didn't matter that much to me. 90% or 100%. Pretty much going to get a palomino. I was more interested in his pedigree.
    Torpey - Our Broodmares
    His dam is 3/4 sister to
    Rowdy Yankee - reference stallion

    Smart Chic Olena - reference stallion
         

    Quick Reply
    Please help keep the Horse Forum enjoyable by reporting rude posts.
    Message:
    Options

    Register Now

    In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

    Already have a Horse Forum account?
    Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

    New to the Horse Forum?
    Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.

    User Name:
    Password
    Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
    Password:
    Confirm Password:
    Email Address
    Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
    Email Address:

    Log-in

    Human Verification

    In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


    Old Thread Warning
    This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    2 year old AQHA barrel bred mare QHriderKE Horse Conformation Critique 11 06-24-2012 06:30 PM
    89% foundation bred 4 year old filly shortysmalls Horse Conformation Critique 25 06-12-2012 12:36 AM
    Cost of a 2 year old from being bred? cowboy bowhunter Horse Breeding 22 05-31-2012 11:56 PM
    3 year old APHA solid paint bred mare... critique please... Ace80908 Horse Riding Critique 5 08-23-2011 11:49 AM
    2 year old blue filly- Gorgeous Foundation bred!! NickieB Tack and Equipment Classifieds 0 07-07-2007 02:11 PM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:28 PM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0