09-28-2008, 11:56 PM
| || |
Please answer the following:
1)What makes the stallion and mare breed-worthy?
2) Do they both have good conformation?
3) Are they both free from any health defects?
4) What is your goal from breeding these two, besides to get a certain sex?
5) Why did the one foal pass away? Was it an injury, or a birth defect?
6) How is the other foal doing? Does it have good conformation? Is it doing well in its training?
Too many people breed because their "mare is sooooo sweet" and want a baby from her. That's not enough reason to warrant breeding. Too many people "just want one baby." Yeah, well when say 50,000 people breed their mares "just because it's just one more foal, right?" and only half of them can find homes for them if their situation changes, that's still 25,000 UNWANTED horses.