I need some help on with the breeding lab. In the future I would love to have a small breeding business. One QUALITY racing TB stallion and one QUALITY Dutch Warmblood, and probably a QUALITY Irish TB mare, who are registered and proven. Now, I am NOT planning on doing that now. I am looking at in 3-4 years, maybe more. I would NOT start a breeding business without extensive education/knowledge and research on breeding horses. I have been working with horses for about 7 years now, and I am educated on soundness and conformation. Now, I have some questions on the breeding lab since I will probably be doing artificial insemination with the Dutch Warmblood.
Those of you who have experince with artificial insemination:
1. What type of equipment is needed in a breeding lab?
2. How big of a lab is needed for a small breeding business? (space wise)
3. What kind of costs am I looking at?
4. Frozen? or Chilled? What is better for someone who is not planning on doing a lot of breeding?
5. Any other suggestions? advice?
Thank you all very much ahead of time.
Breed the best to the best and hope for the best.