Breeding My Arabian This Spring? - Page 5
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Horse Breeds, Breeding, and Genetics > Horse Breeding

Breeding My Arabian This Spring?

This is a discussion on Breeding My Arabian This Spring? within the Horse Breeding forums, part of the Horse Breeds, Breeding, and Genetics category

    Like Tree120Likes

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        10-30-2013, 04:02 AM
      #41
    Trained
    Golden horse I see your point but the question was already asked and the OP answered it. After that it seems to me the only reason to raise the question again is to scare the OP into changing her mind.
    That isnt going to happen. If the OP changes her mind about breeding it wont be because someone tried to scare her into it.
    The other reasons given in other post were more realistic might change her mind. Those members Not trying to emotionally blackmail her will be more successful .
    IMPO the post I highlighted was guilty as charged. Tryng to lay a guilt trip on someone or project your fears unto them is wrong. Plain and simple.
    Yes I agree if you only have one mare and are that attached to her that you would worry endlessly for 11+ months then breeding is not for you.
    Why stress yourself that much for that long. Its not good mentally or physically.
    The OP is young and yes inexpeirnced . She however is not stupid. Shalom
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        10-30-2013, 04:11 AM
      #42
    Yearling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dbarabians    
    Golden horse I see your point but the question was already asked and the OP answered it. After that it seems to me the only reason to raise the question again is to scare the OP into changing her mind.
    That isnt going to happen. If the OP changes her mind about breeding it wont be because someone tried to scare her into it.
    The other reasons given in other post were more realistic might change her mind. Those members Not trying to emotionally blackmail her will be more successful .
    IMPO the post I highlighted was guilty as charged. Tryng to lay a guilt trip on someone or project your fears unto them is wrong. Plain and simple.
    Yes I agree if you only have one mare and are that attached to her that you would worry endlessly for 11+ months then breeding is not for you.
    Why stress yourself that much for that long. Its not good mentally or physically.
    The OP is young and yes inexpeirnced . She however is not stupid. Shalom
    DB, teens, not the OP per se, may not be stupid, but they lack the experience nto have a mature perspective. I often ask my daughter, "Are you sure?" when she makes some huge comment.....and try to give her the other "what ifs" that may affect the situation. Oftentimes, younger people can't put themselves there, in those hypothetical shoes.

    However. ..OP is not any of our kids. If she doesn't choose to consider DEEPLY her decision, or put any thought into WHY so many people are saying this may be a bad idea....then we should just move on. There is no inherent abuse here, and sadly the worst that can happen to the involved human life is a life lesson.
         
        10-30-2013, 11:38 AM
      #43
    Yearling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by demonwolfmoon    
    DB, teens, not the OP per se, may not be stupid, but they lack the experience nto have a mature perspective. I often ask my daughter, "Are you sure?" when she makes some huge comment.....and try to give her the other "what ifs" that may affect the situation. Oftentimes, younger people can't put themselves there, in those hypothetical shoes.
    ^This is, in fact, what I meant by my post. As an older teen myself, I know for sure that I do not always grasp possibilities unless I am there. It may be a slim chance, but it is still a CHANCE. OP has stated she is breeding for sentimental reasons . . . Losing a mare/foal is a big "what if?" scenario that cannot just be shoved aside.

    Sorry if I offended you, OP, that was not my intention.
    Posted via Mobile Device
         
        10-30-2013, 11:44 AM
      #44
    Trained
    Eli rose I understand that you are young also. I don't think you meant to offend or bully anyone on purpose.
    Posting an explanation and offering an apology is a very mature and brave thing to do. May I commend you for that. Shalom
    doubleopi, EliRose and KigerQueen like this.
         
        10-30-2013, 11:46 AM
      #45
    Trained
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dbarabians    
    The OP is young and yes inexpeirnced . She however is not stupid. Shalom
    She is young, and inexperienced, and only growing up and experiencing more well solve that one. Until then people sharing what they believe is true is one way of helping that process.
         
        10-30-2013, 12:09 PM
      #46
    Yearling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ArabianGirl27    
    But, uh, what's DSLD? Lol, sorry, I haven't been in this forum long and probably don't know that many horsey terms. :3
    DSLD’s Devastation
    Read this article. That will enlighten you.
    I believe that this disease is hereditary If she does HAPPEN to have it.... Would you really want a foal which might have the same thing?
         
        10-30-2013, 01:41 PM
      #47
    Started
    I would like to explain why I describe the issues with foaling. We have some family friends who take great care of their horses but have had some bad luck. They have had foals with contracted tendons, map-positioning issues, foals with seizures and mares that colic after foaling. These are difficult things to watch and while it is rare it is devastating to see. Dbarabians you are very lucky to have been breeding as long as you have with so few issues. You also with all due respect have a farmers mentality with respect to horses that many people do not have. This is a good thing when you are in the breeding business. You regard your horses as horses and not as pets or best friends. That is not a sentiment that is shared by everyone who breeds a horse.

    I know that foaling issues are rare but when they happen they are bad. I think a portion of the people I see in the world regard difficulties in equine pregnancy the same way they regard difficulties in human pregnancy. There are children born at 6 months gestation who are living. We don't have the same chances with pre-term equines. The other thing is that these complications while rare are often expensive, which is something that owners sometimes forget in the excitement of having a foal.

    I am sorry for sort of hijacking that but I wanted to explain why I tend to be the one jumping on the "bad things happen when you breed" bandwagon.
         
        10-30-2013, 01:55 PM
      #48
    Weanling
    OP, you will end up doing whatever you want to do in this situation no matter what people say to you. I hope you think about why so many people are dead-set against the idea of breeding your mare. Really think about it.

    It seems like all you want to see is the fun of having a baby, so in your mind everyone else must be wrong and not understand.
         
        10-30-2013, 02:56 PM
      #49
    Trained
    Rookie there is no need to explain yourself to me.
    I have said this before if you only have one horse you need to consider how losing one will affect you. Emotionally and financially.
    What works for me may not work for you.
    No one should take the responsibility to breed good quality foals lightly.
    I did not post about the question the first time it was brought up in this conversation. It was a valid question that needed to be considered.
    After the OP answered the first question. Intelligently and in detail why bring it up again? That was my point.
    Never apologize for having an opinion. Rookie, golden horse, and elirose all of you are passionate about horses and concerned for their well being. That is a good thing and I applaud it. Shalom
         
        10-30-2013, 03:27 PM
      #50
    Yearling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dbarabians    
    Eli rose I understand that you are young also. I don't think you meant to offend or bully anyone on purpose.
    Posting an explanation and offering an apology is a very mature and brave thing to do. May I commend you for that. Shalom
    Thank you, db, that means a lot.
    Druydess and dbarabians like this.
         

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    Controversy Of Modern Arabian Breeding TheBayArab Horse Breeding 114 02-23-2013 09:15 PM
    Why do many Arabian ads say No Minstril breeding? Macimage Horse Breeds 19 09-01-2012 09:56 AM
    Straight Egyptian Arabian Stallion Breeding Trade windczar Horse Breeding 2 04-24-2011 08:43 AM
    Breeding Arabian Mare dressagebelle Horse Breeding 27 02-05-2011 02:25 PM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:07 PM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0