Could my mare be pregnant?!? - Page 3
   

       The Horse Forum > Horse Breeds, Breeding, and Genetics > Horse Breeding

Could my mare be pregnant?!?

This is a discussion on Could my mare be pregnant?!? within the Horse Breeding forums, part of the Horse Breeds, Breeding, and Genetics category

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        05-12-2010, 07:36 PM
      #21
    Green Broke
    Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry! Poor girl :( At least you checked and now you know. Hopefully the second opinion will give her a better prognosis
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        05-15-2010, 03:34 PM
      #22
    Foal
    If I can get that second opinion, the vet has not gotten back to me as promised, so I have been calling the office 2 or 3 times a day just to hear word, and nothing. She hasn't returned my calls. Their is only one other equine vet here and he has a horrible rep. I don't know what to do.
         
        05-15-2010, 09:38 PM
      #23
    Foal
    You need another vet. A growth on the vaginal canal? No way would that show up in a big belly. The vagina does not go past the front of the hip.

    I hope you can find a repro vet to check her out. There might be nothing wrong. He might have felt a babies head.

    JMHO
         
        05-16-2010, 01:25 AM
      #24
    Foal
    Well I spoke to the lady who went with her to the vet(I didn't now she was going but she adores Benny) anyway she stated that it was actually in the tissue between the vaginal canal and the anal canal. Weird place for sure, she also stated Benny is over weight and needs a diet(poor girl she loves her food). Anyway back to the vet, she came out to the barn for another horse Thursday, and asked if anyone had heard from me because she hadn't even tho I had been leaving messages everyday since Monday. She says she was concerned because she could tell I was upset when she spoke to me Monday. My guess with her asking, is that her new receptionist hasn't been getting messages to her. Monday they are taking another horse in to see the vet and the lady who went with Benny when she went will also be taging along on this trip. She will explain to the vet(since I never get to speak to her) that I have been calling everyday and not getting a response. We will be scheduling a biopsy for her. I do not want to put her through an invasive surgery without knowing exactly what we are looking at. If it's cancer we will definitely fight it with the best of our capabilities, if I have to sell everything I own. If it's not cancer, I will wait to see if it grows to determine if surgery is still in her cards.
         
        05-16-2010, 01:34 AM
      #25
    Weanling
    I'm very sorry that you are having to deal with this. I hope the very best for you both.
         
        05-16-2010, 08:47 AM
      #26
    Foal
    I sure hope you can get another vet. Did she ultrasound this mass? Or just feel it?
         
        05-19-2010, 01:35 AM
      #27
    Foal
    I finally spoke to the vet, Benny is going in for a biopsy tomorrow, surgeon doesn't want to put her through surgery without knowing there is no other choice. She originally ultrasounded and found it, so then she went in and felt it. Man horses are expensive, good thing hubby is understanding.
         
        05-19-2010, 01:45 AM
      #28
    Started
    I wish you and Benny the best of luck. Please let us know what happens.
         
        05-19-2010, 10:49 PM
      #29
    Foal
    Benny actually went in for her Biopsy today, and well the vet went in to find the best place to pull cells and tissue and to her and everyone elses suprise the mass was smaller, she got the second vet to feel to make sure, and yes it was smaller. They both decided to do a full exam on the area, and the vet found a hole, looked up and stated she believes it's an abcess, two abcessess in the same month who would of thought. Anyway she says it's definitely not cancer and we will just keep an eye on it. So Benny should be fine, I am so excited!!!!
    Thanks guys for all your support I am so glad I have good news to give.
         
        05-20-2010, 12:38 AM
      #30
    Yearling
    I am glad that it is not cancer! That would have been a terrible situation to be in :) Best of luck to you both in the future!
         

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    Pregnant mare - due in May? deineria Horse Breeding 7 04-21-2010 12:38 PM
    Mare might be pregnant brandyglenn Horse Breeding 42 04-14-2010 03:34 PM
    You know your mare is getting too pregnant when....... JMJ~Arabians Horse Breeding 5 04-01-2008 12:51 AM
    Pregnant Mare JustDressageIt Horse Health 7 01-28-2008 01:31 PM
    Pregnant Mare - HELP !! Roxanne Horse Health 19 04-09-2007 01:46 PM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:30 AM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0