And just for the record, there ARE people who have a passion for bowling just like we love the horses. I certainly don't, but someone in my extended family bowls competitively and we have wars. I babble about horses and he flaps his jaw about bowling all the time. To some people it is worth it, just apparantly not to you or me.
1) Bowling balls don't require ongoing care, such as vet and farrier services, which cost money.
2) Bowling balls don't eat.
3) Bowling balls don't have feelings.
4) Bowling balls don't care if you don't get to spend time with them
5) Bowling balls don't lose value because you don't have time to spend with them.
6) Bowling balls don't end up on a double decker truck bound for Mexico when their owners decide they don't want them anymore and want a new hobby.
Can anyone else think of any?