Foals of 2013 - Page 39
   

       The Horse Forum > Horse Breeds, Breeding, and Genetics > Horse Breeding

Foals of 2013

This is a discussion on Foals of 2013 within the Horse Breeding forums, part of the Horse Breeds, Breeding, and Genetics category

    Like Tree1153Likes

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        12-18-2013, 10:28 AM
      #381
    Foal
    Thanks endurancelover! Haven't been posting many pics of Sky lately because she looks like a mess with her winter coat. She's so fuzzy! Vee is gorgeous as well! Looks like she's getting big!
    EnduranceLover6 likes this.
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        12-18-2013, 11:32 AM
      #382
    Foal
    While I didn't breed him, here is my 7 month old half arab/half paint colt Maverick. He was born in April 2013, I picked him up on Black Friday. Everyone goes Black Friday shopping for a horse...right?
    Attached Images
    File Type: jpg 2013-11-299513_57_24_.jpg (23.4 KB, 114 views)
    countryryder, Glynnis and PonioUK like this.
         
        12-21-2013, 05:53 PM
      #383
    Trained
    Here's a latest Buckshot photo, now 8 months.



    And catching up fast to mom (Lady), height-wise (now 13hh).

         
        12-21-2013, 07:37 PM
      #384
    Weanling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Saucy12    
    Thanks endurancelover! Haven't been posting many pics of Sky lately because she looks like a mess with her winter coat. She's so fuzzy! Vee is gorgeous as well! Looks like she's getting big!
    I know, they all look goofy with their fuzz. Thank you, Vee is definiately getting big but I'm having a hard time determining whether she is small or average size for her age. She's about 9 weeks old now and my gut tells me she's on the right track, taking into consideration that both Mom & Dad are 14.2-14.3 lol

    Here's a picture of her tonight You tell me what you think...
    IMG_20131221_044803.jpg
    IMG_20131221_044848.jpg
         
        12-22-2013, 03:35 PM
      #385
    Yearling
    Snapped some new ones of Takala today. After our most recent blizzard died down, I let her run around with the rest of the herd. By the time I got my camera the actually running died down, but I still snapped a few pictures of my frosted ponies out rooting around.


    Left to right; Moe, Sadie, Takala, and Chester


    Takala next to her dam, Tenakee, who is probably the only horse she looks small next to. I'm sure that'll change.





    Takala turns one in February, which puts her at ten months now. I'd say she's around 14-14.1, and will likely mature to 15-15.1 hands. It is nice to see everyone's wooly-boogers in their winter coats!
         
        12-23-2013, 05:30 PM
      #386
    Foal
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by EnduranceLover6    
    I know, they all look goofy with their fuzz. Thank you, Vee is definiately getting big but I'm having a hard time determining whether she is small or average size for her age. She's about 9 weeks old now and my gut tells me she's on the right track, taking into consideration that both Mom & Dad are 14.2-14.3 lol

    Here's a picture of her tonight You tell me what you think...
    Attachment 339626
    Attachment 339634
    IMO she looks to be on track and a good size for her age! You definitely don't want foals growing too much too fast. That's when they run into developmental issues like DOD and OCD. She's looking good though :)
    EnduranceLover6 likes this.
         
        12-23-2013, 07:03 PM
      #387
    Weanling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Saucy12    
    IMO she looks to be on track and a good size for her age! You definitely don't want foals growing too much too fast. That's when they run into developmental issues like DOD and OCD. She's looking good though :)
    I'm glad you think she's on track. I worry about her growing too fast or too slow, so many factors to consider. She's got YEARS to grow and mature in the most natural environment possible so I'm excited to see how she changes
         
        12-25-2013, 03:36 PM
      #388
    Yearling
    I was looking at older pictures of Takala, and my golly, some things have changed. Here she is at a few weeks old; as a giant two-week old! Her dam is about 15.1 hands.



    Here she is as a mite of a 6 month old! That's her butt next to one of my geldings who is a smidge shorter than her dam. Big POA buns don't help her cause, either. She hit a stagnant growth period up until about 8-9 months then shot up.



    Her next to our Morgan mare this fall. Said mare is 14.2, so as you can tell she's sprouted a good bit. And got the fuzz going.



    Seems like she has sprouted some buns, but it won't quite put a stock horse to shame.



    And before the previous picture was taken, this was the 'snowcap' pony I was greeted by.

    Drifting and countryryder like this.
         
        12-28-2013, 06:55 PM
      #389
    Trained




    Here is Wrecker at 9-1/2 months. She's a big fuzzball, I can't wait until spring when she sheds this coat out. Not sure how tall she is right now, but she's healthy and happy and I can tell she's taller...
    Posted via Mobile Device
         
        01-01-2014, 04:33 PM
      #390
    Trained
    I got a new Christmas pressie so here's a few of the results! :)



















         

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    Foals of 2013 Pictures udates and general info KyMoMoF3CuTiEs Horse Breeding 0 03-17-2013 12:09 PM
    Foals of 2013 cmarie Horse Breeding 4 01-21-2013 04:10 PM
    2013 expected foals by Sanolena Pep Sanolena Pep Ranch Stallions and Broodmares 23 01-14-2013 06:28 PM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:08 AM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0