Originally Posted by meggymoo
Thanks everyone for your advice/suggestions!
I just didn't like the idea of straw as I know how much she loves it. And I'd hate for her to get bunged up or colic etc.
A friend has suggested lightly sprinkling some kind of anti-bacterial or disenfectant fluid down, mixed with water and in a watering can, just to put her off eating it. What do you think?
i had a horse who used to scoff all his straw overnight it was horrible nd the amount of money it cost was huge, however the anti-bacterial spray or even just fairy liquid works, just so whenever they eat a bit they get a nasty taste and think eww that's horrible now, then gradually they sto eating it and you can have a normal eating horse lol that you know isnt going to bung up.