Join Date: May 2009
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Oh you're an evil soul! Actually, Khartoon has been at the top of my list for some time now. To be frank, the sabino is a bonus, but I really am madly in love with his conformation. He's built like an Arabian should be - sturdy and solid, refined and yet capable of more then being a pasture pet. He's one of my favorite Arab studs on the market right now, I could care less if I even got a solid foal from him.
My dilemma comes in with wanting something leggier and more sport like for awhile now. I love my purebred Arabians dearly, but they are rather small and I would immensely enjoy getting into Dressage and jumping. There are a few Warmblood studs I've considered breeding her to, but they seem to throw more bulk then what I want - that and I've always been a fan of all racy type temperments. I deal best with amped up horses that always have some place to go!
Any future considerations into selling him? I can say with certainty I won't be breeding her for 2010 - not the right setup, not the right financial time in my life and a lot of other factors. But I'm almost definately aiming for 2011. She's 10 years old now and I don't want to be waiting much longer for a foal (maiden).
I've thought long and hard about purchasing, but here in Manitoba we simply don't have the market. They want $5,000 for a green Arabian Warmblood because it's part Warmblood (in your dreams), Anglo-Arabs are non-existant and I do not like what our very small Arabian community has to offer by way of either sales or breedings. So it's definately been a plan I've put extreme thought and consideration into for many years now.
I hope God tells her to smash her computer with a sledgehammer.