Originally Posted by valleychick2121
Well, since then I have decided to sell two of my yearlings to get a 2 y/o and he is for sale w/ a breeding stock apha filly. I was going to breed him as a two year old if I got him riding well and he showed promise as a cutting horse. If not, I was going to geld him and start him lightly on barrels and do trail until the next year. As far as the herda goes, I read something that says it shows up in foals who are positive for it by the time they are two, and before I bred him, I would test him on that at the same time I DNA typed him. Why did you want to know?
I would get him DNA tested and await the results before making the decision for sure, but that's just me being responsible. If he carries anything that can be passed on in a negative fashion i'd have him gelded immediately.