I started looking back in Nov. 2010 and was recommended several nice stallions. After looking at pedigrees, match-ups, future plans, finances and logicistics of the cost of breeding and foal I am now down to the point of breeding.
The vet helped get me set up with all the paper work, vaccinations, ultrasounds, and negative test results.
Yesterday was kind of crazy because I just happened to have called the Stallion manager with the information that I had gathered from my vet, which I just gotten. The manager was very nice and said that he would like to go ahead and get the mare at the facility so that he could get her prepared for the breeding as we are setting in a short window of 10 days while the stallion is at the facility before he goes to another show.
**I was planning on waiting a week so that my dad could go with me on the trip. ** But if all goes well my girl will be ready for the return home and my dad could make that trip with me to go get her.
I will post links to pictures later.
Note: This is the first time I have ever hauled a mare to be A.I. To a show/performance AQHA stallion with points and winnings. I have taken several classes while in college with my degree for this type of thing. Now this is my chance to put together my champion.