Many questions about foaling
1. I have to 12*12 stalls that can be made into 1 12*24 stall but there is a little concrete hump in the middle the holds the bords in, can i tape down nice comfy foam over?
2. It is either that ^ or a small paddock out doors where dogs and coyotes may have access and I really dont want to risk that! or its a 12*12 stall
3. I going to buy a video camera, my trainer I think said lowes has real good ones for a good amount of yards away. What is your opinion of the kind I should get
4. When we breed our mare, we were in real good shape money wise, then about the time it came around to check her we were not as great due to some personal issues, now were are almost back to the first state, but we never had her checked by the vets, its so very obvious that she is pregnant because her tummy is huge and so are her nipples and i really thought I heard another heartbeat(i may be dreaming :)) Should I still get her checked even though its only a month away?
4. Do you believe in imprinting the foal. I think i might because my trainers foals she doesnt mess with until later when trying to put a halter on and they hate it! Which one do you like better?
5. Last question, I promise! My mare has one other horse(her half brother, who is the calmest most gentle horse) and she is very attached to him. I know that mares usually like to be alone when foaling, but when the baby is a little bigger, can I let him out with her and the foal, because he is going to be the one, when I wean the foal, who is going to become the new mother.