Well I don't know about that Red Cedar!! Sizzle looks pretty close too!! Im just hoping Annie holds out a couple weeks to tell you the truth...the weather has taken another turn for the worst here...-10 and more snow...Ive had enough!!! Its apparently supposed to get warmer by the end of the month and continue rising from there...so....here's hoping!!!! I tell ya...this little one will have an entire community rolling out the red carpet for him/her!!! We live in a small town and run a small business here...so now everyone in town is asking if she has had her foal yet...LOL....
Its snowing and -9 this morning...:( supposed to be like this for another week at least....I think this has been the longest winter I can recall. On a positive note...I noticed this morning that Annie's udders have almost doubled in size!!! I will try to snap a pic later when Im out doing chores again. Im almost afraid to let her out today....I would hate for her to sneak to the back field and have the foal in 2 feet of snow...but I know she looks forward to stretching her legs and being outside....maybe Ill put her in a little earlier today....its just so nasty out:(
Here are a couple pics from this morning...she doesnt seem to happy with this weather...LOL or with me following her with the camera.....:P Her udders are a bit fuller...still just a yellowish fluid...Im thinking a couple weeks yet....hoping actually...better weather ahead:)
This system must be all across Canada because it hasn't stopped snowing in Edmonton since Thursday and it was -23 with the wind this morning when I was walking to an appointment. This time last week, the snow was almost gone. Sigh, stupid mother nature. I think you have a few more weeks yet, so hopefully she'll hold out until it warms up for you! She looks like she is progressing nicely though, so I hope everything works out for you!