Is my mare pregnant!?!?! - Page 3
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Horse Breeds, Breeding, and Genetics > Horse Breeding

Is my mare pregnant!?!?!

This is a discussion on Is my mare pregnant!?!?! within the Horse Breeding forums, part of the Horse Breeds, Breeding, and Genetics category
  • How pregnant is my mare

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    11-18-2010, 05:42 PM
  #21
Trained
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Racer    
Really? Then why are you ASKING about how to figure out if your mare is pregnant or not?

THE ONLY WAY TO KNOW FOR CERTAIN IF YOUR MARE IS PREGNANT IS TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT WITH A VET.

I can't believe all the people on here who have horses who think calling the vet for major things like pregnancy, mouth problems, back pain, and leg issues is out of the norm. Either you're too cheap, too poor, or don't really care about your horse's welfare.

If you can't afford to care for a horse properly, and that means calling a vet out when it's necessary, then you shouldn't have one.

Owning a horse isn't like owning a car. They're living, breathing, feeling, sentient beings who deserve proper medical, dental, foot, and feeding care.
Agree totally. Sorry Blossom, if you don't like it, but some of us get impatient with people who cannot or will not afford their horses proper care. "Saving" for a vet visit is something that should be ongoing. If you own a horse there are at least a bajillion things that can (and will) go wrong, needing the care of a vet. The funds (at least SOME) should be there so that if....say....the horse colics and is dying, you can at least get it cared for! There are things that cannot wait. This one can, but it has been waiting now for about 6 months! Are you also saying the vet has not been there at all since you got this mare? Doesn't she get fall shots?

I am also just curious-what is the white powder your mare has on her face? It looks to be in her feed bucket?
     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    11-18-2010, 06:00 PM
  #22
Foal
Quote:
Originally Posted by franknbeans    
Agree totally. Sorry Blossom, if you don't like it, but some of us get impatient with people who cannot or will not afford their horses proper care. "Saving" for a vet visit is something that should be ongoing. If you own a horse there are at least a bajillion things that can (and will) go wrong, needing the care of a vet. The funds (at least SOME) should be there so that if....say....the horse colics and is dying, you can at least get it cared for! There are things that cannot wait. This one can, but it has been waiting now for about 6 months! Are you also saying the vet has not been there at all since you got this mare? Doesn't she get fall shots?

I am also just curious-what is the white powder your mare has on her face? It looks to be in her feed bucket?
Umm, thank you very much!, We give our horses shots our self, I am ONLY AKING FOR OPINIONS, DO YOU UNDERDSTAND???? Have you read anything that I have posted?
     
    11-18-2010, 06:02 PM
  #23
Foal
Ohh, and that stuff on her face is called food, since you think you no so much about horses I am wondering why your asking?
     
    11-18-2010, 06:04 PM
  #24
Foal
Ohh, and my horse dying is WAY different from what I am asking. >:(
     
    11-18-2010, 06:15 PM
  #25
Green Broke
Blossom, you came on here asking for help. Since no one on earth can give you a diagnosis over the internet whether your mare is indeed preggo, if she's just fat, if she's ate up with worms, if she has a belly full of pus due to being turned out with a potentially scummy stallion, or if she might be suffering from a massive tumor in her gut or anything else along those lines, calling a vet is the most reasonable response you are going to get. There is no way for us to know, especially based on a few poor quality pictures posted over the internet. The only person getting snarky over this is you. Telling you the wise choice is to call a vet is not a offensive statement meant to upset you, it's simply the most logical answer to the question you posed. No reason for you to get nasty to those you asked for help from, however guilty your conscience may be.
     
    11-18-2010, 06:20 PM
  #26
Trained
I'm just guessing here but....

It's all on the positioning of this...

If you post some pics and say, here is my mare, do you think she looks pregnant? She's booked for the vet next week to find out for sure. Then you'll probably get lots of people joining in the 'is she isn't she' fun.

We all get worried if it sounds like people are relying on long distance guesses when it comes to their horses well being. My guess is yes she looks pregnant, my advice is get her checked as soon as possible.
     
    11-18-2010, 07:04 PM
  #27
Trained
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom    
Umm, thank you very much!, We give our horses shots our self, I am ONLY AKING FOR OPINIONS, DO YOU UNDERDSTAND???? Have you read anything that I have posted?
And you got mine.
     
    11-18-2010, 07:08 PM
  #28
Trained
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom    
ohh, and that stuff on her face is called food, since you think you no so much about horses I am wondering why your asking?
I have not seen food that looks like white powder. EVER.

And, I asked because that was one of the first things I noticed, and it looked strange to me. Simple question, really.
     
    11-18-2010, 07:39 PM
  #29
Green Broke
Quote:
Originally Posted by franknbeans    
I have not seen food that looks like white powder. EVER.

And, I asked because that was one of the first things I noticed, and it looked strange to me. Simple question, really.

It's some kind of mash. A place I used to board at feed some thing like that once a week and Sona would come out with a white powder head.
     
    11-18-2010, 07:45 PM
  #30
Weanling
They put electrolytes in the grain at my barn to make the horses drink more and it is white powder. I think. Or I might have that mixed up with the grass balancer...but they usually only give the electrolytes in the summer because it gets pretty toasty down here
     

Tags
foal, horse pregnant?, pregnant mare

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pregnant Mare dixiegirl Horse Riding 16 03-26-2009 10:01 PM
Pregnant Mare barrels91 Horse Health 8 01-20-2009 11:11 PM
Changes in a pregnant mare? Angilina Horse Health 2 09-26-2008 11:26 AM
You know your mare is getting too pregnant when....... JMJ~Arabians Horse Breeding 5 04-01-2008 12:51 AM
Pregnant Mare - HELP !! Roxanne Horse Health 19 04-09-2007 01:46 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0