Needing Help!! - Page 3 - The Horse Forum
 21Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 83 Old 04-22-2012, 12:06 PM
Yearling
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: nevada
Posts: 1,492
• Horses: 20
She doesn't need to be put in a stall to foal, if your going to use a foaling stall you should put the mare in there at least 3 weeks prior to foaling she she can built an immunity to the area, I don't think you mare has 3 weeks left. You have a grassy pasture to foal in, if it's clean and dry she should be fine.
cmarie is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 83 Old 04-22-2012, 12:21 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Mid Michigan
Posts: 864
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarie View Post
She doesn't need to be put in a stall to foal, if your going to use a foaling stall you should put the mare in there at least 3 weeks prior to foaling she she can built an immunity to the area, I don't think you mare has 3 weeks left. You have a grassy pasture to foal in, if it's clean and dry she should be fine.
I agree with the three weeks in a perfect picture.

But, trust me...when the apple is ripe...it will drop.

In a stall or, not.
Ripper is offline  
post #23 of 83 Old 04-22-2012, 12:32 PM
Yearling
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: nevada
Posts: 1,492
• Horses: 20
^^I know and I think that apple is very ripe and ready to drop at any time. My opinion the OP's goat shed would be to small and could cause other issues with the birth. It appears that the mare is a mustang at least has the mustang looking brand, they are a hardy lot and hopeful all will go smoothly.
cmarie is offline  
post #24 of 83 Old 04-22-2012, 12:36 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Mid Michigan
Posts: 864
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarie View Post
^^I know and I think that apple is very ripe and ready to drop at any time. My opinion the OP's goat shed would be to small and could cause other issues with the birth. It appears that the mare is a mustang at least has the mustang looking brand, they are a hardy lot and hopeful all will go smoothly.
No way would a goat stall work!!!!

The OP is now a breeder....with all of the responsibilities.
Ripper is offline  
post #25 of 83 Old 04-22-2012, 12:41 PM
Weanling
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 462
• Horses: 0
I don't think this was a planned breeding. I thought the owner got the horse already in foal.
ladytaurean515 is offline  
post #26 of 83 Old 04-22-2012, 12:46 PM
Yearling
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: nevada
Posts: 1,492
• Horses: 20
Everyone has to start somewhere.
cmarie is offline  
post #27 of 83 Old 04-22-2012, 12:54 PM Thread Starter
Foal
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 16
• Horses: 0
no this was not a planned breeding and yes i was very unprepared. but i talked to the original owner today and she said she thought that she breed in the beginning of may last year... and she told me that this is not her first foal and she is a very good mother... any that she has always foaled on her own in a small pasture... so i think that i will wrap her tail and get a hold of the vet and have them on call... And besides that i guess all i can do it wait...
deseraewatters is offline  
post #28 of 83 Old 04-22-2012, 01:02 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Mid Michigan
Posts: 864
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by deseraewatters View Post
no this was not a planned breeding and yes i was very unprepared. but i talked to the original owner today and she said she thought that she breed in the beginning of may last year... and she told me that this is not her first foal and she is a very good mother... any that she has always foaled on her own in a small pasture... so i think that i will wrap her tail and get a hold of the vet and have them on call... And besides that i guess all i can do it wait...
The person you bought the mare from is not a responsible person.

I would not believe much she said.
Ripper is offline  
post #29 of 83 Old 04-22-2012, 01:03 PM
Yearling
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: nevada
Posts: 1,492
• Horses: 20
Yep and it's the waiting that gives us gray hair.
cmarie is offline  
post #30 of 83 Old 04-22-2012, 01:08 PM Thread Starter
Foal
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 16
• Horses: 0
the person i got the horse from is my aunt and i didnt buy her i rescued her because they had to many horses and the land that they had the horses on was taken away from them when the man that owned the land passed away so it was an emergency case that i why i have her and why i am so unprepared for this....
deseraewatters is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.



User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Old Thread Warning
This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
needing some help alichawhittaker Horse Training 3 07-31-2011 03:05 PM
Needing a little help please Toomey Horse Talk 9 09-08-2009 12:03 PM
Needing help jfarmboy Horse Breeds 10 10-14-2008 03:03 PM
hi...new here..and needing advice loopdaloop Horse Training 21 03-28-2007 02:36 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome