Polish Arab and Arab? - Page 6 - The Horse Forum

 52Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #51 of 68 Old 01-09-2013, 09:40 PM
Trained
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 6,672
• Horses: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by equiniphile View Post
Acutally, they might be. They're downsizing their herd to just a few.
Ohio is kind of far, and I wasn't really looking to buy until my leg/hip heals... But that's what I want. Would be nice if she were ten years younger, of course. LOL
Do you have photo's?

Whispering Secret Arabians
Registered Solid and Sabino Arabians
www.wsarabians.wix.com/home
WSArabians is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #52 of 68 Old 01-09-2013, 09:44 PM
Showing
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 10,441
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by WSArabians View Post
Ohio is kind of far, and I wasn't really looking to buy until my leg/hip heals... But that's what I want. Would be nice if she were ten years younger, of course. LOL
Do you have photo's?
She's actually in CO. I don't think I have any photos, unfortunately, but I'll see if I got any from my last trip out there.
WSArabians likes this.
equiniphile is offline  
post #53 of 68 Old 01-09-2013, 09:56 PM
Trained
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 6,672
• Horses: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by equiniphile View Post
She's actually in CO. I don't think I have any photos, unfortunately, but I'll see if I got any from my last trip out there.
Hhmm... Colorado is way closer...
Would love to see some photo's :)
When was her last foal?

Whispering Secret Arabians
Registered Solid and Sabino Arabians
www.wsarabians.wix.com/home
WSArabians is offline  
post #54 of 68 Old 01-09-2013, 11:26 PM
Trained
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 6,672
• Horses: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muppetgirl View Post
Thankyou!! If I had my pick, Erros would be for me. Solid looking animal for sure! All lovely though!
Yes, he sure is stunning!
I LOVE my Erros g-granddaughter. :)
Muppetgirl likes this.

Whispering Secret Arabians
Registered Solid and Sabino Arabians
www.wsarabians.wix.com/home
WSArabians is offline  
post #55 of 68 Old 01-10-2013, 03:13 AM
Green Broke
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Some times Llanelian - North wales, sometimes Hull in East Yorkshire (UK)
Posts: 3,679
• Horses: 5
WSArabians,
This is his breeding:
Centurian Arabian
He was stood as a stallion in his younger years however when the stud downsized they decided to keep his father instead of the young stallion (given that they were in thier 80's I can't blame them). He was gelded to give him a better life. Unfortunatly his father broke a leg 2 weeks later. Rian was the only male purebred from his line.

RIDE your horse FORWARDS and keep him STRAIGHT

faye is offline  
post #56 of 68 Old 01-10-2013, 04:47 AM
Foal
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Pensacola, Fla
Posts: 4
• Horses: 4
Arabs bred in different areas have different strengths. Egyptians lines are more dishy in the face, taller overall... Russian tend more bulky as far as arabs get I think.... takes a bit of study to really tell the difference and decide what you prefer. Kinf od like the QH can be tall and thin for the track and H/J of short and bulky for the cow people. Still QH just different versions.
cheri56 is offline  
post #57 of 68 Old 01-10-2013, 09:52 PM Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 3,712
• Horses: 0
Ok this is good! I feel like I'm getting educated! If a person were to look at an Arab to purchase, what should one REALLY look for, apart from typical PPE stuff.....also are there any health or genetic predispositions to watch for (eg. Like Impressive lines in QHs) ........what do you look for, test for, and what do you avoid?
Muppetgirl is offline  
post #58 of 68 Old 01-10-2013, 10:14 PM
Trained
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 6,672
• Horses: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muppetgirl View Post
Ok this is good! I feel like I'm getting educated! If a person were to look at an Arab to purchase, what should one REALLY look for, apart from typical PPE stuff.....also are there any health or genetic predispositions to watch for (eg. Like Impressive lines in QHs) ........what do you look for, test for, and what do you avoid?

Yup, absolutely.

CA - Cerebellar Abiotrophy - Found in any type of Arabian. Two carriers will, 99% of the time, result in a dead foal. My guy in my avatar is by *Ecaho ( N/CA) and MS Adrianna Bey (N/CA) and of the roughly 3500 horses listed, he is only one of four (last time I checked) that is CA N/N out of two carrier parents.
N/N - CA Clear
N/CA - CA Carrier
CA/CA - CA Affected
List of horses posted:
CA MAIN Status List

SCID - Severe Combined Immunodeficiency - Once again found is all types of Arabians. Foals are born with severly affected immune systems.

LFS - Lavender Foal Syndrome - Most often found only in Straight Eygptian Arabians, and is an inherited neurological disease.

Those ones are specficially Arabian related, but you can get other's that are found in all other breeds such as GPT, JIE, and OAAM.

EVERY one of these diseases are able to be verified by genetic testing.
If you don't test and breed two carriers, you don't have much to watch for because you'll have a dead foal 99% of the time. Careful research and testing prior to breeding will prevent any affected foals, just like testing for Lethal White.
Muppetgirl likes this.

Whispering Secret Arabians
Registered Solid and Sabino Arabians
www.wsarabians.wix.com/home
WSArabians is offline  
post #59 of 68 Old 01-10-2013, 10:17 PM Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 3,712
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by WSArabians View Post
Yup, absolutely.

CA - Cerebellar Abiotrophy - Found in any type of Arabian. Two carriers will, 99% of the time, result in a dead foal. My guy in my avatar is by *Ecaho ( N/CA) and MS Adrianna Bey (N/CA) and of the roughly 3500 horses listed, he is only one of four (last time I checked) that is CA N/N out of two carrier parents.
N/N - CA Clear
N/CA - CA Carrier
CA/CA - CA Affected
List of horses posted:
CA MAIN Status List

SCID - Severe Combined Immunodeficiency - Once again found is all types of Arabians. Foals are born with severly affected immune systems.

LFS - Lavender Foal Syndrome - Most often found only in Straight Eygptian Arabians, and is an inherited neurological disease.

Those ones are specficially Arabian related, but you can get other's that are found in all other breeds such as GPT, JIE, and OAAM.

EVERY one of these diseases are able to be verified by genetic testing.
If you don't test and breed two carriers, you don't have much to watch for because you'll have a dead foal 99% of the time. Careful research and testing prior to breeding will prevent any affected foals, just like testing for Lethal White.
You know your stuff! Thanks!
Muppetgirl is offline  
post #60 of 68 Old 01-10-2013, 10:19 PM
Trained
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 6,672
• Horses: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by faye View Post
WSArabians,
This is his breeding:
Centurian Arabian
He was stood as a stallion in his younger years however when the stud downsized they decided to keep his father instead of the young stallion (given that they were in thier 80's I can't blame them). He was gelded to give him a better life. Unfortunatly his father broke a leg 2 weeks later. Rian was the only male purebred from his line.
Wow! I don't see Rissalix breeding very often, and he's one of my favourites! SUPER nice! What a shame about this sire, and this guy being gelded.

Whispering Secret Arabians
Registered Solid and Sabino Arabians
www.wsarabians.wix.com/home
WSArabians is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.



User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Old Thread Warning
This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FOR SALE: 12yo Polish Arab Mare, Aladdinn* Granddaughter - IL SketchyHorse Horses for Sale 6 09-16-2012 10:28 PM
Pure arab or arab cross? Rowzy Horse Breeds 18 03-06-2010 12:09 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome