Poss Stallion For Breeding - Page 4
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Horse Breeds, Breeding, and Genetics > Horse Breeding

Poss Stallion For Breeding

This is a discussion on Poss Stallion For Breeding within the Horse Breeding forums, part of the Horse Breeds, Breeding, and Genetics category

Like Tree63Likes

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    02-16-2014, 01:52 PM
  #31
Foal
Hello there.
I wonder what more than trails and things you want to do with your horse?
Can we get a picture on there mare so it is easier to judge?
If it is for lighter work and pleasure rekomonderar I a thoroughbred stallion, depending on how the mare is built.

I wish you luck.
Take the time necessary, and search for the right stallion for it's however a long time for you, and there new horse should be spent to together.

Greets Billy
     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    02-16-2014, 02:07 PM
  #32
Weanling
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorden    
Hello there.
I wonder what more than trails and things you want to do with your horse?
Can we get a picture on there mare so it is easier to judge?
If it is for lighter work and pleasure rekomonderar I a thoroughbred stallion, depending on how the mare is built.

I wish you luck.
Take the time necessary, and search for the right stallion for it's however a long time for you, and there new horse should be spent to together.

Greets Billy
This mare I am going to be showing, if the baby was the cross of an appy and her I would use it for trails and little things here and there. However if I breed her to another Morgan, or a Friesian I would be wanting to show it. In low level jumping, maybe hunter under saddle, and stuff like that. The mare I have now I am going to be showing her in showmanship and in halter in August. I may take her in the direct of hunter under saddle and or low level jumping, after I have her finished out in western. She is a little mare, just hitting 14.2. She carries herself very proudly, typical morgan thing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 00v0v_95u0N3QnnNQ_600x450.jpg (48.2 KB, 78 views)
File Type: jpg Corona 2.1.14 (2).jpg (85.0 KB, 78 views)
File Type: jpg Corona 2.2.13.jpg (96.5 KB, 79 views)
Lorden likes this.
     
    02-16-2014, 02:49 PM
  #33
Weanling
Do have have any other side on pics? She's quite upright in the Pasterns and has a very straight hind leg.
     
    02-16-2014, 03:29 PM
  #34
Weanling
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeliciousD    
Do have have any other side on pics? She's quite upright in the Pasterns and has a very straight hind leg.
Her hind legs don't look bad in person. Here is the only other I have, and it isnt great.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photohhhk.jpg (22.7 KB, 67 views)
     
    02-16-2014, 04:38 PM
  #35
Foal
She looks nice in the pictures.
My advice is if you want her offspring to Jumping / Eventing then you should pick a warmblood horse as Oldenburg / Holsteiner who has a little more mass and size.
Friesian is a very nice race but not for Jumping good dressage horse and nothing I recommend for you.
Larissa likes this.
     
    02-16-2014, 04:50 PM
  #36
Trained
You have a very cute mare!

I will say that quality Friesian stallions will not breed to outside mares for fear that they will lose their license.

Why not look for babies on the ground, so you can get precisely what you're looking for? (:
Wallaby likes this.
     
    02-16-2014, 05:34 PM
  #37
Weanling
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zexious    
You have a very cute mare!

I will say that quality Friesian stallions will not breed to outside mares for fear that they will lose their license.

Why not look for babies on the ground, so you can get precisely what you're looking for? (:
Many Friesian stallions are being bred to arabians and morgans to produce sport horses. And I keep an eye out, there just isn't anything local that I am interested in, and what I like is 3x the price I think it is worth. Considering that I am not even looking for a broke horse, I look at 2-8 year olds. Sometimes younger. I just can't find what I want, and I also would like to have a foal out of my mare. So yeah.
     
    02-16-2014, 05:36 PM
  #38
Weanling
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorden    
She looks nice in the pictures.
My advice is if you want her offspring to Jumping / Eventing then you should pick a warmblood horse as Oldenburg / Holsteiner who has a little more mass and size.
Friesian is a very nice race but not for Jumping good dressage horse and nothing I recommend for you.
Thank you for your kind words regarding my mare. I love her to pieces and she is a very good girl. I always loved the Friesians, one day I would love to have a full blood one. But that isn't in my priorities at the time. I also am looking into the warmbloods. I am curious which would be better, as in the warmbloods. When bred to her.
     
    02-16-2014, 06:28 PM
  #39
Foal
Hello again.
Regarding warmblood so it depends on what you want to breed.
My suggestion is that you try to find a chunkier model on holsteiner for that I think fits there mare and I advocate them because I've had a Holsteiner stallion so I know they are nice.

Excuse my English.
* It's not all Swedes who have such poor grammar that I have.

Greets Billy
     
    02-16-2014, 07:34 PM
  #40
Weanling
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorden    
hello again.
Regarding warmblood so it depends on what you want to breed.
My suggestion is that you try to find a chunkier model on holsteiner for that I think fits there mare and I advocate them because I've had a Holsteiner stallion so I know they are nice.

Excuse my English.
* It's not all Swedes who have such poor grammar that I have.

Greets Billy
Hey don't worry about it, you have better grammar then more then half the Americans that I know. What are your ideas on breeding her to a thoroughbred? I have been looking at the Holsteiners, and while they are gorgeous, they all seem to cost a pretty penny. I have been looking at sale prices, more then stud fees.
     



Quick Reply
Please help keep the Horse Forum enjoyable by reporting rude posts.
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Old Thread Warning
This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Stallion Breeding Ad FGRanch Horse Breeding 12 01-23-2013 06:52 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0