Originally Posted by verona1016
I can't tell from the pedigree if your mare has a chance of being homozygous gray or not (both her parents would have to have been gray for this to be a possibility). If she is homozygous gray, then the foal will definitely gray out. Otherwise, there's a 50/50 chance of it inheriting the gray gene.
As for the base color, the sire is EE aa, and if the mare was born black we'll assume she's Ee aa (although she might also be EE aa). This gives a 75% chance of a black foal, and 25% chance of chestnut. If the mare is actually EE aa, there's a 100% chance of a black foal.
Almost, not quite. You cannot get a chestnut from a homozygous black, the stallion is homozygous black. No chance of red based foal. Breed a homozygous black to a black based non agouti and you get black 100% of the time. The grey gene from the dam will make the difference between a grey foal and a black foal. If she is heterogyzous grey, it is a 50% chance of a black foal and a 50% chance of a black foal that turns grey. If she is homozygous grey, you will get a black foal that turns grey, no other color option.