Presenting: Gold N PsynnPsaytion- born 4-11-12 - Page 32
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Horse Breeds, Breeding, and Genetics > Horse Breeding

Presenting: Gold N PsynnPsaytion- born 4-11-12

This is a discussion on Presenting: Gold N PsynnPsaytion- born 4-11-12 within the Horse Breeding forums, part of the Horse Breeds, Breeding, and Genetics category
  • "crabbet arabian heritage" magazine
  • Crabbet arabian heritage magazine

Like Tree648Likes

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    01-16-2013, 05:50 PM
  #311
Trained
Quote:
Originally Posted by Druydess    
Well-- there's no online version available-- so I snapped a few quick pics of Crabbet Arabian Heritage --- I'm very happy to share this with you.

The gorgeous girl on the cover is Psynny and Echo's Great Aunt.. daughter of Burgundy Sun:


Boys are on the left:





SO proud of my boys, and their heritage!!! :)

Thank you Crabbet Arabian Heritage for asking us to be part of your magazine!!
Too cool!
Funny, I also saw my guy's half sister (Aul For Roses) in there.
     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    01-16-2013, 10:15 PM
  #312
Green Broke
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarabians    
Burgundy Sun is a favorite of mine. I would truly love to breed a foal that colour.
Duydess your knowledge of bloodlines is remarkable. I am learning a lot from you. Glad someone else believes in breedin functional "pretty" horses.
I like WH Justice too. What do you think of him by the way? Shalom
I can send you info on the owner and his fees if you like. She and the lady who manages much of Phara Farm's marketing are very approachable and helpful- very nice to talk to.

Here's another pic of Burgundy Sun:



I can't wrap my head around NOT breeding pretty, functional horses and I'm glad to meet several others who follow the same logic.. ;)

WH Justice is very nice-- I actually like him, but I would not pay the $7500 stud fee. He moves nicely and overall is well-balanced- and an insanely gorgeous head, but I think he's SO nice, it's hard to consistently expect each foal to be as nice as he is- though there are some very nice ones out there. I think that the Padron lines crossed with El Shaklan is a golden cross, and largely responsible for that head and those huge eyes. I'm looking forward to crossing Dream's double El Shaklan and Chevelle's double Padron to test that theory.. ;)
HorseLovinLady likes this.
     
    01-17-2013, 03:12 PM
  #313
Green Broke
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarabians    
Druydess I am semi retired. I completed treatment for cancer in 2011 and scaled back my career. The stallion and the new mares are my gift to my self after Radiation.
Kept promising myself if I completed treatment and was successful that I deserved to induldge myself.
This hobby of mine is becoing an expensive endeavor. LOL
When I return from the Inaugural I will PM you about the names and pedigrees of my horses. Should have some time then and not commute the 100 miles to Dallas and back as often.
That black stallion is wonderful.
I think that you posted before that he is not homozygous for the black gene. Not that it woud deter me from breeding to him.
Thse pictures are great. You might have to come to Texas and take some for me. LOL Shalom
Glad to hear your treatment was successful. It's a battle to be proud of having won. Dealing with critically ill and dying people has given me an appreciation of what's important in life as well as not waiting for "someday" to follow your dreams. Someday may never come. So, I believe you DO deserve to indulge your dreams and enjoy your horses. I certainly am; couldn't be happier and hope you are finding the same happiness in your endeavors.

Dream does carry a chestnut gene- he is heterozygous, which I prefer, as I'm not breeding for color, though a few like to assume that I am since my stallion happens to be black..lol, so any of my foals have all the usual available possibilities with him and my mares collective genetics.
Maybe I AM a color breeder-- I do pretty much have one or two-or three of every color..LOL

Glad you like the pics.. I never got to spend any time in Texas; I may have to take you up on that!!
     
    01-17-2013, 04:50 PM
  #314
Green Broke
Quote:
Originally Posted by WSArabians    
Too cool!
Funny, I also saw my guy's half sister (Aul For Roses) in there.
How cool is that!!
She's a cutie!!
     
    01-17-2013, 05:03 PM
  #315
Green Broke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Druydess    
Db-- you are far too charming for your own good.. ;)
Wow, I've heard dba called ALOT of things ...... but "too charming for your own good" ....

Bwa ha ha ha ha ha aaaaa
     
    01-17-2013, 07:20 PM
  #316
Green Broke
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasgal    
Wow, I've heard dba called ALOT of things ...... but "too charming for your own good" ....

Bwa ha ha ha ha ha aaaaa
I'm sure there are interesting stories to go along with them..LOL
texasgal likes this.
     
    01-18-2013, 02:15 AM
  #317
Trained
Quote:
Originally Posted by Druydess    
Glad to hear your treatment was successful. It's a battle to be proud of having won. Dealing with critically ill and dying people has given me an appreciation of what's important in life as well as not waiting for "someday" to follow your dreams. Someday may never come. So, I believe you DO deserve to indulge your dreams and enjoy your horses. I certainly am; couldn't be happier and hope you are finding the same happiness in your endeavors.

Dream does carry a chestnut gene- he is heterozygous, which I prefer, as I'm not breeding for color, though a few like to assume that I am since my stallion happens to be black..lol, so any of my foals have all the usual available possibilities with him and my mares collective genetics.
Maybe I AM a color breeder-- I do pretty much have one or two-or three of every color..LOL

Glad you like the pics.. I never got to spend any time in Texas; I may have to take you up on that!!
Them colour breeder's, eh?! LOL
I like to say I'm a half colour breeder - I LOVE sabinos, I admit. I'm a chrome fan. Somehow I ended up with a non flashy bay stallion, and a grey. GREY. Now, granted, he's heterzygous, but still.... My killer sabino rabicano 15.3hh mare and I`m just praying that I get a bay filly like her (the last grey stallion she was bred to, she had a bay colt) and not a grey.
But, my mares tend to have a lot of white - but even that isn`t much without conformation and pedigree. I`ve been looking for a few new broodmares - with the colour and pedigree and conformation all together - and it`s hard!
I love having colour options, though. Just getting all greys or all bays wouldn`t be too fun. I just hope I don`t get TOO many greys.

But I wouldn`t say you`re a colour breeder - you have the conformation and pedigree first!
     
    01-18-2013, 02:48 AM
  #318
Green Broke
That is a pretty stallion. He has nice depth to his chest and looks like nice clean legs. The mare is not to shabby either..
To bad my mare is not half that quality.
     
    01-18-2013, 07:18 PM
  #319
Green Broke
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenson    
that is a pretty stallion. He has nice depth to his chest and looks like nice clean legs. The mare is not to shabby either..
To bad my mare is not half that quality.
Thank you stevenson. We're very proud of them!
     
    01-18-2013, 08:52 PM
  #320
Green Broke
Quote:
Originally Posted by WSArabians    
Them colour breeder's, eh?! LOL
I like to say I'm a half colour breeder - I LOVE sabinos, I admit. I'm a chrome fan. Somehow I ended up with a non flashy bay stallion, and a grey. GREY. Now, granted, he's heterzygous, but still.... My killer sabino rabicano 15.3hh mare and I`m just praying that I get a bay filly like her (the last grey stallion she was bred to, she had a bay colt) and not a grey.
But, my mares tend to have a lot of white - but even that isn`t much without conformation and pedigree. I`ve been looking for a few new broodmares - with the colour and pedigree and conformation all together - and it`s hard!
I love having colour options, though. Just getting all greys or all bays wouldn`t be too fun. I just hope I don`t get TOO many greys.

But I wouldn`t say you`re a colour breeder - you have the conformation and pedigree first!
OMG!! You're one too!!!
I couldn't figure out how I'm a color breeder when I buy a heterozygous black and have chestnuts and greys..LOL Seems sorta counterproductive, but I guess there's always whining from somewhere. I doubt Dream's sisters would have been exported to France and Poland simply because they're black..

Thanks WSA-- I seem to think the pedigree and conformation might have something to do with it. LOL

Hope you get your bay!!!
     

Quick Reply
Please help keep the Horse Forum enjoyable by reporting rude posts.
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Old Thread Warning
This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Presenting and selling a horse! DuffyDuck Horse Talk 19 01-25-2012 05:15 PM
Presenting...My Girl India :) kailiejaykiss Horse Pictures 10 01-20-2012 06:35 PM
Guaranteed Gold / American Iris foal born! TrueColours Horse Breeding 15 02-23-2011 12:37 AM
Gorgeous deep gold '09 palomino TB filly by Guaranteed Gold! TrueColours Horses for Sale 8 12-14-2009 02:54 PM
Now Presenting, the Beautiful Melody! crossiii Horse Pictures 6 07-30-2008 11:57 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0