Copied from Fugly Horse Of the Day
Fugly Horse of the Day: And more auction reports!
Sorrel Registered Saddlebred Gelding Very nice horse but he didn't go through, no coggins. (spoke to the lady his owner lost her job wanted $275)
Sorrel Registered Saddlebred mare halfsister to above. Very nice horse but he didn't go through, no coggins. (spoke to the lady his owner lost her job wanted $275)
3 year old cute maximum sabino pinto pony mare small laid back, walked through. Nice pony clubbing prospect- $85 (no saled)
Teen underweight brown mare 15 hands. Broke to ride, real sweet heart.- $75 (No Sale)
5 year old bay gelding, trail ridden, grade, calm-$350 (No Sale)
Sorrel 3 year old nice looking overo gelding supposedly green but was really laid back when ridden in the ring.-$200 (No Sale)
13 year old chestnut Grade morgan, walked through, broke to ride. Really nice and well cared for- $260
6 year old Palomino, green toes out so bad he looked like a duck-$185 (No Sale) (FHOTD in: There is no market for young horses who resemble waterfowl. Keep it in mind when you breed!)
12-13 grade broke to ride NICE gelding-$410 (No Sale)
Dead Broke Red Dun AQHA Mare, Skipper W Breeding, ridden bridleless, exellent mare needed feet done and made her look 'off'.-$900
6 year old green broke Tovero Bay walked through nice build-$ 240 (No Sale)
7 year old overo pony. Was very sore standing when I watched him before the auction. Amish ridden and broken out. Intermediate rider only. -$250 (No Sale)
6 year old Pintoloosa Broke to ride mare, walked in-$225 (No Sale)
PB - Private Buyer. KB - Kill Buyer. NS - No Saled.
1. 2005 APHA Stud. Lanky, Ugly neck. Rode in, nervous. Grey and White. $250- PB
2. 7 year old QH type gelding. Said he had been used on cattle. Ridden in. Stocky, quiet. $250-KB
3. 2001 AQHA and Foundation QH. 95% foundation bred. Been used as broodmare, not broke. Quietly led in, she would be a nice project, she’s cute. $180 PB
4. Registered mini. Appaloosa coloring. Cute as a button. 38”, in foal ( I think for ’10? ). $400 PB
5. 1996 AQHA bay gelding. Goes back to Impressive and had no HYPP status listed. Quiet enough walking around, got a little excited when asked to trot, but did do it. Ugly headed, but decent enough. $290 PB
6. 2001 Reg. Appaloosa gelding. Looks right around 14hh. Ridden all over by a jerk of a fat kid…pony looked like he’d had enough by end of night/tossing head but had been quiet all day. Seemed like a nice broke pony. Bidding went to $250 NS wanted $350.
7. 1998 APHA mare. Jetalito granddaughter. Pretty, quiet W/J/L. 1st time ridden in 2 years. $700-PB
8. 3 year old pinto (mare?). Said green broke, but compared to everything else she seemed pretty broke. Super CUTE. Pretty headed, nice hip. $385- PB
9. 2 year old palomino filly. Will not be 2 until July. Rode the crap out of her all over. She looks very baby-ish. Sweet filly… needs time to mature physically. Sadly she’s not going to get that. $265 PB
10. 1990 APHA mare. This one killed me. She was DEAD quiet, in great shape and jogged around on a draped rein slowly. Babysitter! I would have brought her home if I had a stall. $175 KB ughhh!
11. 9 or 10 year old gelding. Ridden in by kid. Stocky and wide, not much to look at but quietly walked around. $425-PB
12. 3 year old? Tall pretty bay TB mare. Does not tie apparently ( she tore up a wall out in back ) rode around quietly bareback, little jog, sweet girl. $185 KB
13. 7 year old QH type Palomino mare. Pretty, short and stout. Very quiet. $400-something to PB
14. 4 year old BIG handsome TB gelding. W/T/C…. Very cool horse. This would have been a fun project. $390- PB
15. Didn’t catch the age. Probably around 14hh gaited pony mare. Very smooth, and looked like fun! $370-PB
16. 2004 TWHBEA gelding. UGLY and pissy. Wanted to throw the guy. Said he was “rank”. Has a cloudy eye. I don’t know what the bidding was at but he NS and wanted $200.
17. Didn’t catch age. Palomino gaited mare. Not ridden in 2-3 years but they hopped on in the ring. Nervous, but ok ( can’t blame her! ). Off on LF. Bred to jack. $NS wanted $400
18. No age, TB mare. Been used as a broodmare. Tall, skinny. $195 KB
19. 4 and 3 year old (brought in together) Belgian/ Halflinger cross. Funky looking. Broke to drive. $ NS didn’t say what they wanted.
20. 2005 bay AQHA gelding. Not much to look at Said he was a “cutter and reiner” ( I enjoyed some laughs ). Attempted to do some spins, but did fast circles and moved about 20 feet(certainly no reining spin! ) LOL, I was getting a kick out of this one. It impressed the yahoos there though. $1825 PB