Starting the process to getting Josie in foal! - Page 5

       The Horse Forum > Horse Breeds, Breeding, and Genetics > Horse Breeding

Starting the process to getting Josie in foal!

This is a discussion on Starting the process to getting Josie in foal! within the Horse Breeding forums, part of the Horse Breeds, Breeding, and Genetics category

    Like Tree72Likes

    LinkBack Thread Tools
        04-22-2013, 12:48 AM
    One of the videos from my visit earlier this week.

    Josie April 2013 At Buffalo Ranch Video by valleychick2121 | Photobucket

    Wasn't sure if the link was going to work or not, lol. She does some neat flying lead changes all over this video, lol. As you can see, when she's hot and ready to play, she has no idea where she's going xD. When she looks towards me, she's asking to come in and I'm rejecting all her offers because I wanted to keep videoing her, lmao. I'm uploading a couple more, including a laying down video, but that one is upside-down, thanks to my friend recording it that way, lol.
    Sponsored Links
        04-22-2013, 01:08 AM
    Another, if it works...

    Josie April 2013 At Buffalo Ranch Video by valleychick2121 | Photobucket
        04-22-2013, 01:55 AM
    Josie laying down freestyle. =) I'm pressing lightly into her chest to que her and wasn't pressing at all on her back, its just more comfortable to rest my hand there when she's going down. Now to get her to lay down with a more subtle que than picking up her foot, lol! At least she won't lay down unless I que her with her halter or chest, so she's still good for the farrier =)

    6F152C79-DE35-4F06-B052-85F376966DC9-335-0000004093CFDB73_zps9e29bc2c.mp4 Video by valleychick2121 | Photobucket

    And another of her goofing off =)

    Josie April 2013 At Buffalo Ranch Video by valleychick2121 | Photobucket
        04-24-2013, 10:11 AM
    Green Broke
    Originally Posted by trainerunlimited    
    It was Josie's preg check today and..... I didn't get a call! =( I'm planning on calling tomorrow morning, but can hardly wait, lol
    So what is the answer? Preg or still not?
        04-24-2013, 04:29 PM
    Ugh, unfortunately not! Frickin sucks, but were plugging on. RC has had 3 mares this year so far including mine. One is in foal, one is not(mine), and one is waiting for a preg check. The one waiting is on her 2nd go around as well. Sorry it took so long to reply, I've got test after test this week and next, didn't even here back til yesterday evening, lol
    Posted via Mobile Device
        04-24-2013, 05:19 PM
    Green Broke
    That is unfortunate :(
    Almost makes you wish you had tried breeding on Josie's 30 day heat after Simba was born last year
        04-24-2013, 08:25 PM
    Ikr? Lol, I'm going to keep trying, but the longer it takes for her to get in foal, the younger the foal will be getting ready for the futurities.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    SunnyDraco likes this.
        04-24-2013, 10:16 PM
    Oh,that's too bad! Here's hoping second time's the charm. :)
        04-25-2013, 07:15 PM
    Haha, yeah. She's been bred twice, so this will be her third go-around. I don't know whether its better to change stallions now and hopefully get her bred this year or not. =(

    I've got over 5,000 invested in her breeding to RC already, and don't want to give up on my dream, but it seems like this might be a furtive effort to keep trying with his semen quality so low. Also, she didn't take with his semen when she was bred to him the last time either (she was bred 3 times then.)

    What would yŠll do in a situation like this? She is reining bred and I love, love, LOVE RC's looks and accomplishments and think they compliment themselves wonderfully, but given the situation, I'm wondering if I'm "barn blind" or whatever to the reality that his semen is poor anyways, they use a very tiny dose each AI, and idk how my mare even does with AI, considering she has now been bred 5 x's without a pregnancy via AI and took the first coupling naturally.

    Ugh, the thought had never entered my mind til their vet called me with the bad news and asked me if I wanted to switch stallions. The other 2 possiblities for a match with Josie would be Hydrive Cat and TR Dual Rey. Both nice stallions, but cutting bred! =/

    I feel like if I tell her to switch, then I'm throwing in the flag too early when she could get in foal the very next time she's AI'd with RC's semen.

    I would love to hear everyone's thoughts, so I can take that into consideration. Between lack of sleep with work, clinicals, and classes - not to mention finals next week and a couple tests this week, I'm not sure I'm thinking clearly anyways as I can't seem to come up with anything to do, lol. Sorry for the long post, btw!
        04-25-2013, 07:59 PM
    If I was in your situation....I'd pick your second best choice...

    If your looking to have a futurity prospect, time is not on your side.

    With RCs semen count so Iow, id bite the bullet and throw in the towel.
    Posted via Mobile Device

    Quick Reply
    Please help keep the Horse Forum enjoyable by reporting rude posts.

    Register Now

    In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

    Already have a Horse Forum account?
    Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

    New to the Horse Forum?
    Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.

    User Name:
    Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
    Confirm Password:
    Email Address
    Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
    Email Address:


    Human Verification

    In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

    Old Thread Warning
    This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    Josie update! trainerunlimited Horse Pictures 3 11-04-2012 03:01 PM
    Josie is turning color kay56649 Horse Colors and Genetics 13 06-10-2012 04:49 PM
    Josie(AQHA buckskin mare)-foaling thread! - He has arrived! trainerunlimited Horse Breeding 469 05-29-2012 03:28 PM
    Mocha's starting to shed the foal coat mliponoga Horse Pictures 2 07-16-2011 02:24 AM
    Josie Meg Horse Pictures 5 11-04-2008 12:38 AM

    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:30 AM.

    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0