Originally Posted by ponypile
It's not the catching so much as the actual dilivery. But do a vet check to be safe, a wide back end (I don't mean muscles, I mean actual hips) in perportion to her height at what you're looking for. If you're worried, I'd suggest breeding to a stallion that is smaller that her. I would go with the arab. This way the foal will probably be smaller, and you'll get an anglo. It's easy to breed to a local stallion for your first baby too. This way if she doesn't catch, its easy to get her recovered.
yeah the delivery is what I am most worried about but then im a worry wort at the best of times :) there is no reason she should have troubles but I worry anyways :) and yes, im trying to look at stallions around her height and if they are bigger, im trying to make it only a little bit. And yeah as I've said, she will have vet checks before and around the clock vet attention if needed so im not to worried about that :)
All the stallions im looking at are within a 2 hour drive. The place where the qh's are have a deal where she stays there until its determined she has caught. I don't want that though so they said if she doesnt take I can take her back. Its a great place and im leaning towards the more refined qh at the moment but I've also been looking at another couple of nice arabs. I still have a few months to decide to im still looking until I find the "one" :)