Update - Baby is here *Dalilah's Foaling Thread* - Page 12 - The Horse Forum

 383Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #111 of 465 Old 03-24-2013, 11:42 AM Thread Starter
Yearling
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 949
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyMoMoF3CuTiEs View Post
Her backend looks very ready to me.. but I'm not a very trained eye either.
It looks to me like if her bunghole gets any more sunk in it's going to be inverted! LOL
EmsTNWalkers is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #112 of 465 Old 03-24-2013, 12:15 PM
Yearling
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 766
• Horses: 0
Wow! Is her bum always that sunken in even when she wasn't pregnant? Cute mare.
Posted via Mobile Device
Bridgertrot is offline  
post #113 of 465 Old 03-24-2013, 12:19 PM Thread Starter
Yearling
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 949
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridgertrot View Post
Wow! Is her bum always that sunken in even when she wasn't pregnant? Cute mare.
Posted via Mobile Device
LOL No, that's what I'm saying! It's so wrong looking! Hahaa
EmsTNWalkers is offline  
post #114 of 465 Old 03-24-2013, 12:27 PM
Yearling
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 766
• Horses: 0
I was just wondering cause if she's like that normally, that's asking for some crazy infection lol. If it stays that way you might look into some caslicks lol

As for the foal "being in the chute" lol no its not. It's still in the uterus inside the amnion. Still have to get past the cervix to be in the "chute" persay. Which won't happen until after water breaks.
Posted via Mobile Device
Bridgertrot is offline  
post #115 of 465 Old 03-24-2013, 01:22 PM Thread Starter
Yearling
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 949
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridgertrot View Post
I was just wondering cause if she's like that normally, that's asking for some crazy infection lol. If it stays that way you might look into some caslicks lol

As for the foal "being in the chute" lol no its not. It's still in the uterus inside the amnion. Still have to get past the cervix to be in the "chute" persay. Which won't happen until after water breaks.
Posted via Mobile Device
No it was definitely not like this before, not even a couple days ago. I'm sure everything will pop back out into place after she delivers this teenage foal.

I realize it's not in the "chute" as far as a leg almost poking out or whatever and that it is still in the sac. But wouldn't it have to be at least in position to be able to feel the movements at the tail head? I felt for a while this morning to see if I could feel it again but I didn't this time. I'll check again later.
EmsTNWalkers is offline  
post #116 of 465 Old 03-24-2013, 03:15 PM
Started
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,993
• Horses: 2
Oh dear, I was sure there was going to be a foal at the end of this. I haven't been on here since Thursday or Friday. Don't worry about asking questions! If the people of HF were annoyed by questions, there wouldn't even be a HF. It's better to ask questions and know than be to afraid to ask and make an avoidable mistake. To my untrained eye, she looks like she could go any day - but she is a mare, so it's anyone's guess I think! When I was a kid and my mare was pregnant we put lanolin on her udder when it got dry. I'm pretty sure that's what nursing humans use as well, but that was 12 years ago when my mare was in foal, so there might be something better on the market by now.
anniegirl and EmsTNWalkers like this.
Glynnis is offline  
post #117 of 465 Old 03-24-2013, 05:14 PM Thread Starter
Yearling
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 949
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glynnis View Post
Oh dear, I was sure there was going to be a foal at the end of this. I haven't been on here since Thursday or Friday. Don't worry about asking questions! If the people of HF were annoyed by questions, there wouldn't even be a HF. It's better to ask questions and know than be to afraid to ask and make an avoidable mistake. To my untrained eye, she looks like she could go any day - but she is a mare, so it's anyone's guess I think! When I was a kid and my mare was pregnant we put lanolin on her udder when it got dry. I'm pretty sure that's what nursing humans use as well, but that was 12 years ago when my mare was in foal, so there might be something better on the market by now.
Thank you Glynnis, I appreciate you're reassurance

She looks ready to me too, but this is my first so what do I know lol. For instance is her bag really full, or just seems full to me? Vulva relaxed and elongated, or just to me? And so on and so forth...
Glynnis likes this.
EmsTNWalkers is offline  
post #118 of 465 Old 03-24-2013, 05:22 PM Thread Starter
Yearling
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 949
• Horses: 0
I just went and checked on her again. I did notice that she is consistently holding her tail to the side, and her belly seems to have dropped even more. Her hip bone sticks way out now and there is a big hollow there. Also, I sat and just watched her for about 45 minutes, and that foal was in there raising hell the entire time!
EmsTNWalkers is offline  
post #119 of 465 Old 03-24-2013, 06:39 PM
Yearling
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Saskatchewan Canada
Posts: 1,376
• Horses: 3
I would not be suprised if she has it tonight! Hope everything goes well... she seems to be getting really close as of how you are describing things! How about pics?
Breezy2011 is offline  
post #120 of 465 Old 03-24-2013, 07:10 PM
Yearling
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 970
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmsTNWalkers View Post
I just went and checked on her again. I did notice that she is consistently holding her tail to the side, and her belly seems to have dropped even more. Her hip bone sticks way out now and there is a big hollow there. Also, I sat and just watched her for about 45 minutes, and that foal was in there raising hell the entire time!
The last mare we had held her tail to the side all day and we went and checked on her around 9 at night and she was laying down in labor!!!! Sounds close to me! I think you may have a baby tonight!

“In riding a horse, we borrow freedom”
Helen Thompson
KyMoMoF3CuTiEs is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.



User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Old Thread Warning
This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dreamer's Foaling Thread *update* Baby is here! SunnyDraco Horse Breeding 141 04-19-2013 01:23 PM
Tenakee's Foaling Thread **Update** Foal Has Arrived! ButtInTheDirt Horse Breeding 616 02-06-2013 08:26 PM
Crystals foaling thread (Mini baby!) CurlyIsASpecialStandie Horse Breeding 292 01-07-2013 11:56 PM
Shawnee's Foaling Thread ~ Baby has arrived!! SunnyDraco Horse Breeding 53 07-05-2012 03:31 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome