Update: Solei's Filly has arrived! Solei's foaling Thread/2013 Baby Bumps - Page 51
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Horse Breeds, Breeding, and Genetics > Horse Breeding

Update: Solei's Filly has arrived! Solei's foaling Thread/2013 Baby Bumps

This is a discussion on Update: Solei's Filly has arrived! Solei's foaling Thread/2013 Baby Bumps within the Horse Breeding forums, part of the Horse Breeds, Breeding, and Genetics category

    Like Tree855Likes

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        06-07-2013, 03:06 PM
      #501
    Green Broke
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by WSArabians    
    That guys is STUNNING!!
    You know who I'm talking about?? He's right up your alley WSA!!

    Yes-- he'll be exporting semen starting 2014.. not sure I'll be ready by then, but he was VERY excited about my Spanish mares.. ( Ellie doesn't have a lot, but he loves her Padron lines and look..as well as her fine son)
    WSArabians likes this.
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        06-07-2013, 03:28 PM
      #502
    Trained
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Druydess    
    You know who I'm talking about?? He's right up your alley WSA!!

    Yes-- he'll be exporting semen starting 2014.. not sure I'll be ready by then, but he was VERY excited about my Spanish mares.. ( Ellie doesn't have a lot, but he loves her Padron lines and look..as well as her fine son)
    Yeah, I saw him yesterday.
    Makes me wish I had bought that pure spanish sabino mare a few years ago! LOL

    I've got a few with El Shaklan but furthur back, although with your line of thinking, my Patron granddaughter could be a good match LOL

    I keep thinking I want to go Straight Crabbet or CMK but then I always find myself attracted to outcrosses - like Khade. I'm thinking it is a great marketing aspect and some (like Fairview Stud in BC) have an incredible program that is pure CMK but I also think sometimes we put too much stock in "straight eygptian" or "pure polish" and not enough on individual per each other.
    Hopefully that made some sense because I sort of went off on a tangent. I guess because I really like him (and TA Mozart) and would love to utilize, they just don't fit the "straight" program so I'm losing stock in it. LOL
         
        06-07-2013, 10:06 PM
      #503
    Green Broke
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by WSArabians    
    Yeah, I saw him yesterday.
    Makes me wish I had bought that pure spanish sabino mare a few years ago! LOL

    I've got a few with El Shaklan but furthur back, although with your line of thinking, my Patron granddaughter could be a good match LOL

    I keep thinking I want to go Straight Crabbet or CMK but then I always find myself attracted to outcrosses - like Khade. I'm thinking it is a great marketing aspect and some (like Fairview Stud in BC) have an incredible program that is pure CMK but I also think sometimes we put too much stock in "straight eygptian" or "pure polish" and not enough on individual per each other.
    Hopefully that made some sense because I sort of went off on a tangent. I guess because I really like him (and TA Mozart) and would love to utilize, they just don't fit the "straight" program so I'm losing stock in it. LOL
    I have liked what I've found about the Spanish Arabians and how they evolved. Military- based breeding and culling certainly set a consistent standard. I believe El Shaklan (Spanish lines) and Padron/Crabbet crosses will be phenomenal. I can't wait to see what Chevelle produxces as I believe her strong Padron influence and her own Spanish blood will cross well with Dream's double El Shaklan as well as his other Spanish blood. Both Dream and Chevelle have Barich de Washoe, another Spanish great.

    I believe you can do a Crabbet program and incorporate well- researched lines as well. What many people don't realize, is that the most influential breeders in Spain imported their Arabs from Crabbet stud, thereby making many Spanish horses Crabbet anyway..
    One breeder imported 12 mares and 2 stallions from Lady Wentworth.

    Here's an amazing historical compilation by Arabian expert Arlene Magid. I'm pleased to say that many of the horses cited are in Chevelle's, Emma's, Dream's, Psynny's, Eden's, Echo's, and now, Fae's pedigrees. It's almost as if it was planned that way.. <weg>

    Spanish Arabians
         
        06-07-2013, 11:57 PM
      #504
    Green Broke
    Wink

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Druydess    
    Very wet and muddy day yesterday, but Fae's joy at being out after being cooped up was just too precious not to take pics of and post!!

    Love the jumping pics, especially this one! It would make an awesome avatar.
    Druydess and anniegirl like this.
         
        06-09-2013, 12:17 AM
      #505
    Yearling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Druydess    
    Very wet and muddy day yesterday, but Fae's joy at being out after being cooped up was just too precious not to take pics of and post!!

    She looks like daddy! Look at her and your avatar pic dru! They look so similar in it!
    BTW, The page I found was a breeding ad.
    HorseLovinLady and EliRose like this.
         
        06-09-2013, 10:59 AM
      #506
    Green Broke
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by horsecrazygirl    
    She looks like daddy! Look at her and your avatar pic dru! They look so similar in it!
    BTW, The page I found was a breeding ad.
    LOL!! You're right! Well, Daddy did come through nicely on this little girl!!

    Very cool on the ad. What mag and issue was it, if you remember..
         
        06-12-2013, 10:22 AM
      #507
    Green Broke
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by HorseLovinLady    
    Love the jumping pics, especially this one! It would make an awesome avatar.
    She was on a roll. Can't wait to get better ones once she's shed out. Yesterday, she followed me around constantly demanding scratches. She actually flips her head under my hand like a dog if I stop or presents a shoulder/butt and "taps my arm with her head and looks back to the appropriate scratching body part.. ..
         
        06-12-2013, 11:24 AM
      #508
    Green Broke
    She kind of reminds me of Psynny.
         
        06-12-2013, 07:03 PM
      #509
    Yearling
    It was the Arabian horse magazine. It is an old issue, from 2006 a jan/dec issue.
         
        06-13-2013, 10:58 AM
      #510
    Green Broke
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tempest    
    She kind of reminds me of Psynny.
    She does look a bit like him.. they have some common lines and both have very potent Polish blood.. They share a Padron as well, though Solei has just a little of that..
         

    Quick Reply
    Please help keep the Horse Forum enjoyable by reporting rude posts.
    Message:
    Options

    Register Now

    In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

    Already have a Horse Forum account?
    Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

    New to the Horse Forum?
    Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.

    User Name:
    Password
    Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
    Password:
    Confirm Password:
    Email Address
    Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
    Email Address:

    Log-in

    Human Verification

    In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


    Old Thread Warning
    This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    Chilly's Foaling Thread! Due: Mid-March 2013 **Foal has arrived!** CLaPorte432 Horse Breeding 250 05-01-2013 10:39 PM
    Tica's Foaling Thread **UPDATE** Foal has arrived! Nightside Horse Breeding 495 04-15-2013 12:38 PM
    Tenakee's Foaling Thread **Update** Foal Has Arrived! ButtInTheDirt Horse Breeding 616 02-06-2013 09:26 PM
    Shawnee's Foaling Thread ~ Baby has arrived!! SunnyDraco Horse Breeding 53 07-05-2012 04:31 PM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:39 AM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0