What are the chances? - Page 4
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Horse Breeds, Breeding, and Genetics > Horse Breeding

What are the chances?

This is a discussion on What are the chances? within the Horse Breeding forums, part of the Horse Breeds, Breeding, and Genetics category

    Like Tree1Likes

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        11-09-2010, 03:45 PM
      #31
    Banned
    OH lordie.
    I'm not breeding for COLOR! I said many time why I'm breeding, I'm not saying it again so sorry if you can't read that. Again, my mare is sorrel! I'm very sick of saying the same thing over and over.
    http://falcondsn.com/OldLion7k.jpg
    The stallion looks like only with red mane&tail and he has more spots and the spots are tiny. So it's close to a red dapple.

    Say AGAIN, forget about the whole thing. since I'm not getting anything....
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        11-09-2010, 03:51 PM
      #32
    Banned
    For the record, you have not said anything like that over and over again.

    You said your horse was brown more times than you have said her horse was sorrel. You did not come up with sorrel until after it was pointed out to you by a few of us.

    And you have only said once anything about breeding for color and you said more that it is not the only reason you want to breed, but also said something about unique rare colors that I did really understand.

    It seems like what you think you are ranting at us is not what you are really saying.


    I do find it hard to believe that you live in an area that you can not buy a colored foal that meets your color and breed requirements but there is an easily accessible stallion that does.
         
        11-09-2010, 04:00 PM
      #33
    Banned
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Alwaysbehind    
    For the record, you have not said anything like that over and over again.

    You said your horse was brown more times than you have said her horse was sorrel. You did not come up with sorrel until after it was pointed out to you by a few of us.

    And you have only said once anything about breeding for color and you said more that it is not the only reason you want to breed, but also said something about unique rare colors that I did really understand.

    It seems like what you think you are ranting at us is not what you are really saying.


    I do find it hard to believe that you live in an area that you can not buy a colored foal that meets your color and breed requirements but there is an easily accessible stallion that does.
    I said many things time after time. One is the breeding thing, people kept saying you shouldn't breed for color. I'm not!
    I'm breeding for many things beside color. All I wanted to know what the possiables were of getting a colored foal was.. But no...
    I look for a foal many times that didn't met the things I needed.
    1.Color
    2.healthy
    3.friendly to other animals beside horses
    4.human friendly
    6.Not to much money
    But I can't find of through reasons, I find a horse that was very pretty but it was 10000. I don't have that money and the horse was blind in one eye and wasn't friendly toward anyone or any other animals. Is that to much to ask for? That's another reason I'm breeding so I can train my own foal.
         
        11-09-2010, 04:17 PM
      #34
    Yearling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cowgirl101    
    I said many things time after time. One is the breeding thing, people kept saying you shouldn't breed for color. I'm not!
    I'm breeding for many things beside color. All I wanted to know what the possiables were of getting a colored foal was.. But no...
    I look for a foal many times that didn't met the things I needed.
    1.Color
    2.healthy
    3.friendly to other animals beside horses
    4.human friendly
    6.Not to much money
    But I can't find of through reasons, I find a horse that was very pretty but it was 10000. I don't have that money and the horse was blind in one eye and wasn't friendly toward anyone or any other animals. Is that to much to ask for? That's another reason I'm breeding so I can train my own foal.
    Breeding the mare will cost more then buying one. There are many things that you have to pay for.
    1. The stud fee
    2. Regular vet checkups
    3. Special care for your mare
    4. If the mare has difficulties foaling you'll have to call the vet & there's a possibility that the foal and/or mare won't make it.
    5. Feeding both horses
    6. Possible trainers for the foal
    And the list just goes on.
         
        11-09-2010, 04:23 PM
      #35
    Banned
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Arksly    
    Breeding the mare will cost more then buying one. There are many things that you have to pay for.
    1. The stud fee
    2. Regular vet checkups
    3. Special care for your mare
    4. If the mare has difficulties foaling you'll have to call the vet & there's a possibility that the foal and/or mare won't make it.
    5. Feeding both horses
    6. Possible trainers for the foal
    And the list just goes on.
    Thank you very much.
    1 is not a problem because I know the person personal who owns the stallion and they want to make him into a gelding but they said they would let him breed with my mare for free.
    4 well I live in the deep countryside so if the mare goes into the lador it's more likely a vet won't make it on time.
    5 I have lots of land for grass and I know someone for free hay.
    6 is not a problem because the mare I just re-broke her which I'm riding her today (wish me luck)

    So the horses near me are costly..
         
        11-09-2010, 04:31 PM
      #36
    Yearling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cowgirl101    
    Thank you very much.
    1 is not a problem because I know the person personal who owns the stallion and they want to make him into a gelding but they said they would let him breed with my mare for free.
    4 well I live in the deep countryside so if the mare goes into the lador it's more likely a vet won't make it on time.
    5 I have lots of land for grass and I know someone for free hay.
    6 is not a problem because the mare I just re-broke her which I'm riding her today (wish me luck)

    So the horses near me are costly..
    A foal and mare will likely need a little more in the feed department and there is still the chance that they won't make it.
         
        11-09-2010, 04:36 PM
      #37
    Banned
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Arksly    
    A foal and mare will likely need a little more in the feed department and there is still the chance that they won't make it.
    Oh I know, the mare needs pregnant mare food and the foal will need foal food.

    My Aunt which is a good with horses and breeding, she has like 10 horses, I lost count.. But she will help me, she said. "Most of the time the mare will have the foal before you know it. I have never had a big problem with it but they a chance so still in reach for a vet."
         
        11-09-2010, 04:47 PM
      #38
    Started
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cowgirl101    
    Thank you.

    I really won't be breeding, someone would bring the stallion over to my place or the mare over there.
    Then you would be breeding, wouldn't you. It doesn't matter where the breeding takes place, whether the stallion is pasture bred or bred in hand, the fact is YOU will be breeding YOUR mare.

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cowgirl101    
    I wanted to breed not just the color but some rare color are worth a like in a horse. I wanted to breed for many reasons.
    Even though you seem to have a very difficult time, putting a complete sentence together, by what you say, I suspect you are trying to produce something of a rare colour, which might in your estimation, be worth more to sell, than a horse of chestnut or bay, for example. So far, you have not given us any indication of other reasons you are planning to breed.

    Are you planning to keep the foal? If so, what dicipline are you hoping he or she might be leaning towards? What do you do with your mare? What type of horse is the stallion? Have you listed all the faults your mare possesses and is the stallion correct, where she is not? What faults does the stallion possess? Is your mare correct where he is not? Do you know the pedigrees of both horses in question and know something about many of the horses therein?

    I'm not sure, by what you have said, that the stallion and mare are even the same breed. If not, why are you breeding a crossbred and what will this breeding produce, that a purebred would not?

    I tend to think by your messages here, that you are very young. I'd suggest spending the next year, attending to school and doing a great deal of homework regarding horses, breeding, genetics, colour genetics and a whole lot more.

    If you think this harsh, there's a good reason for it. We unfortunately, have had to rescue many horses in the past, who were bred by unknowledgeable people. Breeders who produced horses without the first bit of real knowledge or understanding, about what it really takes to produce the next generation of equines. Those of us who rescue, have to pick up the pieces, left by irresponsible breeders.

    Lizzie
         
        11-09-2010, 04:52 PM
      #39
    Green Broke
    Is it safe to assume then that you are COMPLETELY ignoring the fact that being Paints, they could both be carrying frame overo and therefore give birth to a lethal white foal? A lethal white foal is born without a developed digestive tract, and if you do not put it to sleep within a couple days, it will die an excruciating death as it's system backs up and poisons it to death.

    What about HYPP? Have they been tested? Do you look forward to a foal that has seizures all it's life?

    What about HERDA? Have they been tested? Do you want a foal you can't touch because it's skin will tear from it's body?

    Anyone who can't be bothered to research the BASIC genetics, diseases and complications of breeding horses is as irresponsible as it gets in my opinion. I don't care if you THINK you can raise a foal, if you can't even give a **** that it may die a horrific terrible death from a completely PREVENTABLE genetic disease, then no, you should NOT be breeding and you have no right to raise a foal - regardless of how many states your aunt has ridden in.

         
        11-09-2010, 04:58 PM
      #40
    Showing
    Now, now Macabre, none of that is important.

    After all, the stallion breeding fee won't cost her anything because she knows the owner! Score!!!

    Plus, if the mare goes into labor and has complications she'll die, since obviously there isn't a vet within a 500 mile radius, so there won't be any vet fees! Double score!!

    The OP has no idea about genetics, how to feed and care for a pregnant mare, or any contingency plan in case there's a medical emergency. She also has no plans in place for what she plans to do with the foal if the mare manages to make it through her pregnancy and give birth to a live baby.

    But heck, she knows someone who will give her free hay!!! Whoot!

    Looks like she's totally set and ready to bring a foal into the world!

    Yeah, NOT.
         

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    What are her chances of slipping again? Redial Horse Breeding 4 10-11-2010 08:30 AM
    Chances Diet Good or bad? HorsesAreForever Horse Health 16 12-26-2008 10:29 PM
    Chances Conformation! HorsesAreForever Horse Riding Critique 14 09-01-2008 10:59 AM
    Chances Weight Update! HorsesAreForever Horse Health 5 06-12-2008 04:23 PM
    colour chances??? jazzyrider Horse Breeding 7 12-25-2007 05:21 PM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:58 PM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0