What colour would you say my horse is? - Page 5 - The Horse Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 56 Old 09-18-2010, 07:33 PM Thread Starter
Foal
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: London UK
Posts: 97
• Horses: 1
I really dont get how any one can say bay when i've just posted picture with no frigging bay bits on him, the next person to say they think bay dont bother coz your wrong and i'm sick of getting blatently stupid answers.
SpeedDemon is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #42 of 56 Old 09-18-2010, 08:11 PM
Trained
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Posts: 5,153
• Horses: 0
Bay isn't a "blatently stupid" answer. Especially when the poster you are referring that to also included pangare in their assessment of your horses' colour. Pangare causes the points of the horse to go mealy, which on a bay horse can display as quite golden. While it is generally contained to close to the muzzle and eyes, it can extend quite high.

While I don't think that it is the case in this horse, it is an educated guess and it is rude to dismiss it so out of hand just because it is not what you want to hear.
Chiilaa is offline  
post #43 of 56 Old 09-18-2010, 08:13 PM
Trained
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Posts: 5,153
• Horses: 0
Out of curiousity, a question for the much more informed among us. Would those dark spots on his rump be considered 'corn marks'? And if yes, wouldn't they reflect the base coat?
Chiilaa is offline  
post #44 of 56 Old 09-18-2010, 08:13 PM Thread Starter
Foal
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: London UK
Posts: 97
• Horses: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiilaa View Post
While I don't think that it is the case in this horse, it is an educated guess and it is rude to dismiss it so out of hand just because it is not what you want to hear.
I could care less
SpeedDemon is offline  
post #45 of 56 Old 09-18-2010, 08:15 PM
Trained
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Posts: 5,153
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedDemon View Post
I could care less
Then don't come onto an open forum asking for advice. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, just because it isn't the same as yours does not mean it is wrong or that you should belittle them.
Chiilaa is offline  
post #46 of 56 Old 09-19-2010, 01:27 AM
Started
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: New River, Az
Posts: 2,472
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedDemon View Post
I really dont get how any one can say bay when i've just posted picture with no frigging bay bits on him, the next person to say they think bay dont bother coz your wrong and i'm sick of getting blatently stupid answers.
Note to self: don't ever bother replying to this poster's questions as they are very rude and appearently don't care what others think if it's not the same as their thoughts *rolls eyes*
CheyAut is offline  
post #47 of 56 Old 09-19-2010, 01:48 AM
Green Broke
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Posts: 4,510
• Horses: 2
^

Agreed. That's just entirely ignorant. There are OFTEN colors that look nothing like they're supposed to based on genetic anomaly's. If you knew the answer, you wouldn't be making a post. I never called anyone else "stupid" just because I disagree with them.

Quote:
I hope God tells her to smash her computer with a sledgehammer.

MacabreMikolaj is offline  
post #48 of 56 Old 09-19-2010, 08:30 PM
Green Broke
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 4,138
• Horses: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedDemon View Post
I really dont get how any one can say bay when i've just posted picture with no frigging bay bits on him, the next person to say they think bay dont bother coz your wrong and i'm sick of getting blatently stupid answers.
Is someone having a bad day? Calm down woman. I based my opinion on your OP pictures. Bay w/Pangre is definitely a viable consideration.

Why don't you just have the stupid horse tested?
luvs2ride1979 is offline  
post #49 of 56 Old 09-19-2010, 08:34 PM
Green Broke
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 4,138
• Horses: 3
IF you care to learn about Pangare, which is more likely IMO than Buckskin or Dun roan:
Pangare
Horse Color Modifiers – Mealy / Pangare
Pangare | Learn to Identify Horse Colors and Learn Color Genetics, Discussion Forum, Photo Gallery

Everyone likes to think they have a "neat" colored horse, when in truth it's something relatively "common," or the coat is faded due to a mineral imbalance.
luvs2ride1979 is offline  
post #50 of 56 Old 09-20-2010, 09:07 AM Thread Starter
Foal
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: London UK
Posts: 97
• Horses: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvs2ride1979 View Post
Is someone having a bad day? Calm down woman. I based my opinion on your OP pictures. Bay w/Pangre is definitely a viable consideration.

Why don't you just have the stupid horse tested?
Please, do not call my horse stupid!

Last edited by kitten_Val; 09-20-2010 at 10:44 AM.
SpeedDemon is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.



User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Old Thread Warning
This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A Certain Colour Horse needs a Certain Colour Saddle? equestrian_rider465 Western Riding 16 02-17-2011 12:54 PM
What colour is this horse? SophieLee Horse Riding Critique 21 09-21-2010 08:56 PM
What colour would you say your horse was? speedy da fish Horse Talk 57 04-04-2010 10:18 PM
what colour is this horse? countrylady Horse Pictures 27 02-07-2010 06:33 PM
Colour question, my old horse Siggav Horse Pictures 9 12-31-2008 08:32 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome