Why are YOU breeding? - Page 11 - The Horse Forum

 152Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #101 of 262 Old 08-12-2011, 12:30 PM
Weanling
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 732
• Horses: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Racer View Post
Wait, you're the one who stated QHs were more versatile than anything else, and that TBs are only good for 'English riding or racing', so how can you say 'you and I know this', when you said exactly the opposite?

I'd venture a guess my JJ, Alex's Luke, and Cori's Froggy are more the norm for TBs than the 'crazy' ones. It's always the nutsy ones that get the attention, so of course close minded people like to tar a whole breed with the same paintbrush. I think maybe the really successful racers are probably more sensitive and 'up', because that's what makes them successful. Many more TBs just don't have the drive to excel on the racetrack, which is what makes them so good at so many other things.

I can say I think QHs are lazy, stupid, and ugly, but that wouldn't make me any more right than someone saying TBs are unhandleable, loco, and only make good jumpers or racers. Neither is true.

I say this because all I see are tb's that are ott but if you ask horse people about them that's the response you get QH's are know for being versatile some know by experience the tb can do most the same things qh or other breeds do but how many out there don't know this ask the rescues in Ky about this because they see it every day.

[SIGPIC]Mel and the AQHA gang , Dualing Lil Highbrow, Light Hershey Kiss, Sugs Sweet Playgirl, Oh Cay With Gunplay, Lena's Smart Ichi Cat, Mia Peppy Freckle
LuvMyPerlinoQH is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #102 of 262 Old 08-12-2011, 12:31 PM
Showing
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Just south of sanity
Posts: 16,265
• Horses: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten_Val View Post
Now THAT is offensive, SR!
Whut? Ain't it true just 'cause I said it was so, even though I have no proof, facts, or even experience to bolster my argument?

You want the truth? You can't HANDLE the truth!
Speed Racer is offline  
post #103 of 262 Old 08-12-2011, 12:33 PM
Weanling
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 732
• Horses: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Racer View Post
Whut? Ain't it true just 'cause I said it was so, even though I have no proof, facts, or even experience to bolster my argument?
LOL glass houses and stones come to mind.

[SIGPIC]Mel and the AQHA gang , Dualing Lil Highbrow, Light Hershey Kiss, Sugs Sweet Playgirl, Oh Cay With Gunplay, Lena's Smart Ichi Cat, Mia Peppy Freckle
LuvMyPerlinoQH is offline  
post #104 of 262 Old 08-12-2011, 12:33 PM
Showing
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Just south of sanity
Posts: 16,265
• Horses: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvMyPerlinoQH View Post
I say this because all I see are tb's that are ott but if you ask horse people about them that's the response you get.
Really? Because JJ, Froggy, and Lucas are ALL ex-racers, and nobody I've been around has said anything like that at all.

You need to start hanging out with horse people who know a little more than your friends do about ex-racing TBs.

I also think you don't understand sarcasm very well, if you're trying to point out stones and glass houses to me.

You want the truth? You can't HANDLE the truth!

Last edited by Speed Racer; 08-12-2011 at 12:35 PM.
Speed Racer is offline  
post #105 of 262 Old 08-12-2011, 12:36 PM
Showing
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: MD
Posts: 23,907
• Horses: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Racer View Post
Whut? Ain't it true just 'cause I said it was so, even though I have no proof, facts, or even experience to bolster my argument?
Pick a different breed, lady! I have my own lazy qh, so I don't need an extra-reminder how lazy she is (although I going to argue about ugliness)! LMAO! And my paint (with lots of TB on her pedigree) is indeed good for just jumping (and dressage). She definitely is not a good pick for cow work.

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass: it's about learning to dance in the rain..."

"When we are no longer able to change a situation - we are challenged to change ourselves."

"How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours."
kitten_Val is offline  
post #106 of 262 Old 08-12-2011, 12:38 PM
Weanling
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 732
• Horses: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Racer View Post
Really? Because JJ, Froggy, and Lucas are ALL ex-racers, and nobody I've been around has said anything like that at all.

You need to start hanging out with horse people who know a little more than your friends do about ex-racing TBs.
You know its clear you don't like me its clear you come at everything I say how about just leaving me alone kk. I live in the horse racing capital almost every tb is ott and they can't give them away because they are either hurt or a basket case.... here in Ky now when you live here and see that this is the norm here for tb's then you can judge me and call me ignorant all you want .

[SIGPIC]Mel and the AQHA gang , Dualing Lil Highbrow, Light Hershey Kiss, Sugs Sweet Playgirl, Oh Cay With Gunplay, Lena's Smart Ichi Cat, Mia Peppy Freckle
LuvMyPerlinoQH is offline  
post #107 of 262 Old 08-12-2011, 12:39 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Southeastern PA
Posts: 9,420
• Horses: 1
I wish my TB was hotter, he is the laziest darn mule I have ever owned. He has also only been off the track for 2 years and won $35k with only 10 races.

When I ride, my legs get more of a work out than his do.
AlexS is offline  
post #108 of 262 Old 08-12-2011, 12:40 PM
Weanling
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 732
• Horses: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Racer View Post
Really? Because JJ, Froggy, and Lucas are ALL ex-racers, and nobody I've been around has said anything like that at all.

You need to start hanging out with horse people who know a little more than your friends do about ex-racing TBs.

I also think you don't understand sarcasm very well, if you're trying to point out stones and glass houses to me.
BTW what I really want to point out to you isnt forum approved.

[SIGPIC]Mel and the AQHA gang , Dualing Lil Highbrow, Light Hershey Kiss, Sugs Sweet Playgirl, Oh Cay With Gunplay, Lena's Smart Ichi Cat, Mia Peppy Freckle
LuvMyPerlinoQH is offline  
post #109 of 262 Old 08-12-2011, 12:40 PM
Showing
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Just south of sanity
Posts: 16,265
• Horses: 3
No, they're ALL fugly, lazy and should be doing WESTERN things, 'cause that's all QHs are good for! Psssh, don't you know anything, Kitten?

You want the truth? You can't HANDLE the truth!
Speed Racer is offline  
post #110 of 262 Old 08-12-2011, 12:40 PM
Showing
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: MD
Posts: 23,907
• Horses: 2
Perlino, every breed was "created" (hmmm... if it's a good word) for certain purpose. Including QHs and TBs. But again horse is the horse and is trainable in discipline of your choice (if it has a heart to do the particular discipline). While TBs are not my cup of tea (mostly because of the way most of them move - quite bumpy to my taste) they are very popular in all kinds of disciplines around here: english AND western.

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass: it's about learning to dance in the rain..."

"When we are no longer able to change a situation - we are challenged to change ourselves."

"How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours."
kitten_Val is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.



User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Old Thread Warning
This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome