I have a 6 year old paint gelding that I do I number of things with... Drill Team, Trails, Barrels ect. He is my baby. He started to act up out of nowhere. I took him to the vet and they said he needed some time off to relax. He is a hot horse as it is and he was just going nuts it seemed like. Trying to buck, rear, not wanting to preform.... So I decided to do what the vet said. My half sister who lives in Missorri has a 50,000 acre ranch. I spoke with her and she agreed that I could bring him up there to be turned out for a while. I took him there and eveything was fine. I came back to where I live in Florida and kept in touch to see that he was doing well. After 2 months of being there my sister tells me she sold him. Can you beleive that? Just sold him and the real kicker is she sold him for $500.
Ok now here is where I am now... I have his papers, vet records, 40+ Pictures, Bill of sale when I bought him, Coggins, Health Certificate from vet before I took him to my sisters...
*DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THIS IS ENOUGH TO PROVE OWNERSHIP AND BRING MY BABY HOME*
My sister is trying to say I am not permitted to go on her proberty. If she has him there am I allowed to get him? If I bring the police with me can I just show them his information and pick him up? I don't know where to go from here... All I know is that I did NOT want him sold under any sercumstances.
Does anyone know anything about this? What else can I do to ensure I can get my horse back? PLEASE ANY SUGGESTIONS ARE HELPFULL! I am flying to Missorri this Coming Friday and I am going to try to get my baby back.
Thank you for reading my message... Please comment back with any ideas.
Worried & Pissed Owner