arabs! - Page 2
   

       The Horse Forum > Horse Breeds, Breeding, and Genetics > Horse Breeds

arabs!

This is a discussion on arabs! within the Horse Breeds forums, part of the Horse Breeds, Breeding, and Genetics category
  • fa saaid halim
  • Silvie & Grace

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    02-23-2011, 09:43 PM
  #11
Foal
Love my Arabs, CJ82Sky, love the pics, my younger girl is I think egyptian, no record(rescue) but looks it, is like your man, licks us like a dog(she's part lab, haha) and I kiss her on her nose or head so she kisses me back on my forehead. Your pic made me laugh, cause that's my girl.My other one wasn't allowed to be like that and at 16 I'm teaching her to be loose, she is letting me kiss her nose and actually almost nuzzled me like she as going to kiss me back. They are lovey if given half a chance!!! It just takes a horse person with kindness, and you're in, lots don't tolerate abuse, great horses!
     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    02-23-2011, 09:45 PM
  #12
Started
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serg5000    
I think these horses are absolutely beautiful. Being new to horses, I would be rather scared to think of owning one. Should I be more open to this breed as a new horse owner or am I just dreaming.
do you see my horse with a hood on and gloves on his ears??? He's pretty low key about just about everything!

Like any breed - any horse - every horse is an individual!
     
    02-23-2011, 09:47 PM
  #13
Started
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missdv    
Love my Arabs, CJ82Sky, love the pics, my younger girl is I think egyptian, no record(rescue) but looks it, is like your man, licks us like a dog(she's part lab, haha) and I kiss her on her nose or head so she kisses me back on my forehead. Your pic made me laugh, cause that's my girl.My other one wasn't allowed to be like that and at 16 I'm teaching her to be loose, she is letting me kiss her nose and actually almost nuzzled me like she as going to kiss me back. They are lovey if given half a chance!!! It just takes a horse person with kindness, and you're in, lots don't tolerate abuse, great horses!
ooh share pics!

Yeah the best part is ridge raced, is tattooed and registered. And for all the fancy schmancy hard to spell and pronounce arabian names out there know what his is?

Ridge.
Yeah. That's his AHA registered name! How funny is that? Just ridge :) I love it.
     
    02-23-2011, 09:49 PM
  #14
Green Broke
My very first horsey love was a straight Egyptian arabian, and he was the love of my life. The poor guy was abused, mistreated and neglected. He was repo'd from his previous owner and used as a trail horse at a horrid little place. His withers and back were covered with festering saddle sores, you could count every single vertebrae in his neck and his tummy was swollen with worms. I won him in a 'raffle' they had every year at the end of the trail season. I am 99.9% sure that it was a fixed raffle, as they asked my mom if she would let me keep him and board him there, and she said yes. I was in 7th grade and we had the most amazing bond. With the right care and feeding he became the most beautiful horse you could imagine. He just passed but a few years ago and I swore I was done with horses, I was so heartbroken. Alas, I found my current sweet polish boy on Petfinder, and it really was love at first sight. In fact, his pasture mate was such a sweetheart my parents adopted him (another arab!) There is just something amazing about the heart of an arabian horse...they are so intelligent and loving!

If you're looking for a first horse, don't be afraid to look at arabs, honestly, there are so many good ones out there. :)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg brandontyleramazinggrace.jpg (48.5 KB, 138 views)
File Type: jpg Horses New Year's Day 002.jpg (77.4 KB, 146 views)
     
    02-23-2011, 09:56 PM
  #15
Foal
Serg5000, if you are looking for a new starter horse look for one you can ride , not a breed. My hubby never rode and learned to ride on Mariah, our second mare, the one I'm teaching to be a lovey horse. She is awesme with anyone, knows when it's a newbie, she's great. Your first horse should be one you click with not a breed or whatever but one that is right for you. My first horse I bought is a handfull and I love her even though its an adventure everyday but that's what I like, and have experience for it. You can find an arab as a starter horse, they are highly intelligent and kind to those deserving.
     
    02-23-2011, 10:13 PM
  #16
Foal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missdv    
Serg5000, if you are looking for a new starter horse look for one you can ride , not a breed. My hubby never rode and learned to ride on Mariah, our second mare, the one I'm teaching to be a lovey horse. She is awesme with anyone, knows when it's a newbie, she's great. Your first horse should be one you click with not a breed or whatever but one that is right for you. My first horse I bought is a handfull and I love her even though its an adventure everyday but that's what I like, and have experience for it. You can find an arab as a starter horse, they are highly intelligent and kind to those deserving.
Thats what I have been told more than a few times. To find a starter. I hope I find a great Arab starter. It may not happen, but I am optimistic.
     
    02-23-2011, 10:22 PM
  #17
Started
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ82Sky    
ooh share pics!

Yeah the best part is ridge raced, is tattooed and registered. And for all the fancy schmancy hard to spell and pronounce arabian names out there know what his is?

Ridge.
Yeah. That's his AHA registered name! How funny is that? Just ridge :) I love it.
Haha that's great! I showed a mare last fall and her name was Tiffany. That's all. Registered name: Tiffany. :)

My Boy's name is FA Saaid Halim, which in research I found means kind & easygoing.
     
    02-23-2011, 10:26 PM
  #18
Weanling
I have two Arabs and I've been around and ridden lots of others.
Mine are the "hot" type of Arab.

Ten things I love about Arabs:

1) When I want to exercise them by free lunging in the arena I can just wiggle my fingers or make a hissing sound to make them run - no lunge whip needed.

2) Snorting that can be heard a half mile away.

3) Flagging tails and floating trots.

4) When they're excited they canter like a bunny rabbit hopping. So funny!

5) A dozen different ways to spook. Keeps me on my toes.

6) Never having to work to keep my horse moving forward when I ride.

7) Great hooves.

8) Sensitivity to the lightest cues.

9) Arching necks and beautiful heads with big, soft eyes.

10) Sure-footedness on trails.
     
    02-23-2011, 10:39 PM
  #19
Trained
Gottatrot, YES to all of that
     
    02-23-2011, 10:44 PM
  #20
Foal
Quote:
Originally Posted by gottatrot    
I have two Arabs and I've been around and ridden lots of others.
Mine are the "hot" type of Arab.

Ten things I love about Arabs:

1) When I want to exercise them by free lunging in the arena I can just wiggle my fingers or make a hissing sound to make them run - no lunge whip needed.

2) Snorting that can be heard a half mile away.

3) Flagging tails and floating trots.

4) When they're excited they canter like a bunny rabbit hopping. So funny!

5) A dozen different ways to spook. Keeps me on my toes.

6) Never having to work to keep my horse moving forward when I ride.

7) Great hooves.

8) Sensitivity to the lightest cues.

9) Arching necks and beautiful heads with big, soft eyes.

10) Sure-footedness on trails.
I better stop reading this thread or all other horses wont stand a chance.
     

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Arabs in need of placement in Oh, VA and WV deineria Horses for Sale 4 01-01-2011 08:59 PM
The problem with Arabs... MacabreMikolaj Horse Training 36 02-19-2010 05:47 PM
Arabs? JumperDak15 Horse Training 5 12-23-2009 05:51 AM
Arabs In Action! MacabreMikolaj Horse Breeds 13 10-06-2009 02:30 AM
anyone no anything about arabs or friesians? 13arablover13 Horse Breeds 11 09-28-2009 02:04 AM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0