Argentine Criollo?
   

       The Horse Forum > Horse Breeds, Breeding, and Genetics > Horse Breeds

Argentine Criollo?

This is a discussion on Argentine Criollo? within the Horse Breeds forums, part of the Horse Breeds, Breeding, and Genetics category
  • Criollo argentine
  • Criollo cross

Like Tree3Likes

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    06-04-2012, 06:42 AM
  #1
Trained
Argentine Criollo?

I was at a reining show this weekend, and there was one of these there. I wish I had taken a picture. He was beautiful! I have never seen anything quite like him. Lovely bay roan, very stocky, stood about 14h, with HUGE mane and tail. Moved well, did all the manuevers well.

I had never really seen or heard of these before, and from googling, it would look like they are pretty difficult to find...

Has anyone else seen one? THoughts?
     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    06-04-2012, 08:35 PM
  #2
Started
Heard of them yes, pretty rare breed from what I understand, and often used in polo. Very beautiful!



Guess theres Argentine Criollo cattle also..
     
    06-04-2012, 08:51 PM
  #3
Trained
Quote:
Originally Posted by caseymyhorserocks    
Heard of them yes, pretty rare breed from what I understand, and often used in polo. Very beautiful!



Guess theres Argentine Criollo cattle also..
Well this was definitely a horse! Lol
     
    06-04-2012, 08:53 PM
  #4
Foal
Oh yes!!! I live in Argentina, and They are very popular here, as the name shows! They are very strong, sturdy horses, my mare is actually a criollo cross. They are beautiful!
     
    06-04-2012, 08:59 PM
  #5
Foal
Actually, they are not very often used in polo. They are mainly used in herding cattle and cart pulling. The Polo horse is a breed in itself.
     
    06-04-2012, 09:06 PM
  #6
Green Broke
Quote:
Originally Posted by marybonus    
Oh yes!!! I live in Argentina, and They are very popular here, as the name shows! They are very strong, sturdy horses, my mare is actually a criollo cross. They are beautiful!
Can you ship me a Dogo pup :P I've been dieing for a imported dogo! There isn't meny good quality ones here in the states.
     
    06-04-2012, 09:09 PM
  #7
Foal
Haha! Lovely dogs too! Full of energy, very strong temperament! Our national breed. But i'd rather have a criollo and a border collie!
     
    06-04-2012, 09:10 PM
  #8
Green Broke
Quote:
Originally Posted by marybonus    
Haha! Lovely dogs too! Full of energy, very strong temperament! Our national breed. But i'd rather have a criollo and a border collie!
I like the hard headed breeds! Lol I have Jack Russells right now. Talk about hard headed!
     
    06-04-2012, 09:13 PM
  #9
Showing
Quote:
Originally Posted by myhorsesonador    
I have Jack Russells right now. Talk about hard headed!
Tell me about it! I've got two JRTs right now. Super independent and high-energy, but excellent barn dogs!
myhorsesonador likes this.
     
    06-04-2012, 09:17 PM
  #10
Foal
I love Jack Russells, super smart and peppy! But I have a soft spot for bc's, I simply adore them!!
     

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Argentine Criollo Horse info FarmGirlWISC Horse Breeds 2 03-05-2012 01:22 AM
Argentine vs Tom Thumb CLaPorte432 Horse Tack and Equipment 4 03-03-2012 02:53 AM
Argentine Snaffle Brighteyes Horse Tack and Equipment 10 02-01-2011 06:53 PM
Argentine Bit dtwh Horse Tack and Equipment 8 07-16-2008 03:05 PM
CRIOLLO HORSES - mares, stallions and geldings mlarrobla Tack and Equipment Classifieds 0 09-18-2007 03:51 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0