Eligibility for Registration
To be eligible for registration a horse/pony can be of any breed stock or combination thereof, except 100% hot- blood (Thoroughbred or Arabian) or 100% cold-blood (draft breeds).
What He Falls Under;
For Main Book registered, nominated or recorded horses/ponies pedigree history is desirable, but not required. Main Book horses/ponies qualify through their own performance.
How to Register;
Registration, Nomination or Recording Procedures to Register, Nominate or Record a Horse/Pony in the AWS the owner must:
- Provide a completed application for registration, nomination or recording. Include all known family history, as this could qualify your horse/pony for the Elite Book. This application form must be completed following the instructions. For information not known the completed application should state "unknown". Registration fee must be included with application.
- Become a current AWS member. All owners, riders or representatives of registered, nominated or recorded horses/ponies must become current AWS members.
- Provide DNA testing fee or a, b or c below.
- Enclose completed Breeding/Covering Certificate.(This is documenting the Sire and Dam of the horse to be Registered, Nominated or Recorded).
- Enclose copy of previous Registration papers. (if horse is previously registered with another Association).
- Provide DNA Case Number. (If horse was previously DNA tested).Provide the qualifying performance score copies or documents from any of the following, if available:
- Provide the qualifying performance score copies or documents from any of the following, if available:
- Recognized USEF Sport Horse/Pony In-Hand class (any age)- 62% - (unrestricted Breed Classes, other than AWS).
- Dressage - training level or higher - 62% - USEF Recognized Classes (unrestricted Breed Classes).
- Eventing - 55 penalties maximum dressage test at any level, without elimination or retirement or withdrawal at an USEF recognized event.
- Combined Driving - same criteria as Eventing (above) except at Preliminary level at USEF recogized event.
- Show Jumping - Placing 1st - 15th in an USEF recognized class
- Recognized Sport Horse Breed Registry Inspection - 62%
- AWS scores from minimum of three (3) offspring that have passed the performance requirements and are registered with the AWS will satisfy performance requirements for the sire or dam.
A "Pending" Certificate of Registration will be sent, if you can not satisfy any one of the above (item #4) qualifiers at registration time. The horse has it's lifetime to satisfy one of the above performance requirements. The "Pending" Certificate of Registration proves all registration fees have been paid and contains:
- <LI type=disc>horse/pony pedigree information
- performance requirements, still to be satisfied
- Transfer form (in case horse is sold before obtaining scores
I have my fingers crossed that he grows into a good strong horse . I think its very cool.
My Goal is going to be Blue or Red Perfered.
And I plan on taking him as a Three Year old since he is only 14 months now.
Fingers Crossed. I have to get Blood Work Done. I should be in the Clear though!