I'm considering buying a horse.
I'm looking for a big allround horse.
It will be ridden western style (western saddle)
Wanna use it for:
- Horseback hunting
- farm work, ploughing and pulling wagons.
- riding through woods and nature
- western riding (just for fun)
Big plusses would be:
- Strong legs and hooves (would like to ride him/her barefoot, friend of mine is following natural hoofcare.)
- flat gait (i like to sit the trot)
I'm guessing i'm probably going to end up with a draft.
I've considered a haflinger and a gypsy vanner but I find these a bit small..
I weigh more than 220 lbs, so if it has to carry me + equipment on a long hunting trip, i'm guessing im better off with a heavier horse.
I'm considering these breeds at the moment:
- belgian draft (this would be the brabant type, as i'm in europe)
- suffolk punch
Wich breed do you think would suit me best?
If you think of another breed that would be good, please say so :)
I know there is no "best allround breed", i'm just asking opinions from experienced people on what breed would best meet
What I described.
Thank you :)