The Blazer Horse - a little-known breed. - Page 4 - The Horse Forum

 233Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 110 Old 03-10-2013, 05:43 PM
Weanling
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 264
• Horses: 1
I think people forget that cross breeds were the beginning of the purebred horses. All horses did not begin off as 'purebred' horses. The 'Quarter Horse' did not just appear out of thin air. Cross breeding had to happen for a new breed to be made. Blazers are a real horse, a real registry. Just because they are little known does not mean it is a scam. Granted, the Blazer breed has not been around long, and has not been refined completely because there are a lot of horses born that are 'blazers' that don't have the breed criteria, but that is just a matter of time.

I think everyone is jumping ahead of their selves.

Oh, and 'designer' dog breeds are real dog breeds that can be registered. Labradoodles and so on. They are not 'MUTTS', they are a designer breed.
JustImagine and amberly like this.
RiverBelle is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 110 Old 03-10-2013, 05:53 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 3,712
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverBelle View Post
I think people forget that cross breeds were the beginning of the purebred horses. All horses did not begin off as 'purebred' horses. The 'Quarter Horse' did not just appear out of thin air. Cross breeding had to happen for a new breed to be made. Blazers are a real horse, a real registry. Just because they are little known does not mean it is a scam. Granted, the Blazer breed has not been around long, and has not been refined completely because there are a lot of horses born that are 'blazers' that don't have the breed criteria, but that is just a matter of time.

I think everyone is jumping ahead of their selves.

Oh, and 'designer' dog breeds are real dog breeds that can be registered. Labradoodles and so on. They are not 'MUTTS', they are a designer breed.
Nope....they are mutts.....if the poodle next door has at ravishing my lab....it's mutt puppies.....and even if it is a planned breeding....it's still a mutt litter as the end result. Nothing 'designer' about that.

There needs to be generations and generations of breeding to refine and define a 'breed'....

Last edited by Muppetgirl; 03-10-2013 at 06:03 PM.
Muppetgirl is offline  
post #33 of 110 Old 03-10-2013, 06:28 PM
Yearling
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 799
• Horses: 0
They're all just mutt's...

We have a labradoodle, and she is the best dog ever. But she is a mutt, through and through. 3/4 poodle, 1/4 lab. I don't care that she is a mutt and I won't defend her and say she is her own "breed." Because she isn't.
Casey02 and Country Woman like this.

Intermediate Rider~Learning Equitation and English Pleasure~Interested in Eventing
A horse will tell you everything you need to know about him, if you listen.
-Winston Churchill
Almond Joy is offline  
post #34 of 110 Old 03-10-2013, 06:33 PM Thread Starter
Started
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Montana
Posts: 2,162
• Horses: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverBelle View Post
I think people forget that cross breeds were the beginning of the purebred horses. All horses did not begin off as 'purebred' horses.
Yes, I do agree. Plus, there is nothing wrong with cross breeds. Purebreds aren't any better. Like on Hidalgo - they threatened his horse and beat him up, as well as make fun of him because his horse wasn't a purebred. But he won the race.
BUT, that doesn't mean that cross breeds are any better either.

Quote:
Blazers are a real horse, a real registry. Just because they are little known does not mean it is a scam.
They are saying that it is basically a TB or QH. But Blazers are their own breed.

I just think this whole thing is a matter of opinion and people just don't want to believe that.


I just want to tell EVERYONE that I put this up for the people who asked for more information, NOT to criticize or anything like that.

🔫 Don't Tread On Me 🐍
,.-~*'¨¯¨'*·~-.¸·,.-~*'¨¯¨'*·~-.¸
amberly is offline  
post #35 of 110 Old 03-10-2013, 06:36 PM
Started
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,877
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Oh, and 'designer' dog breeds are real dog breeds that can be registered. Labradoodles and so on. They are not 'MUTTS', they are a designer breed.
Nope they are mutts, there is no such thing as designer breeds. A goldendoodle is not a breed. It is a mutt. I understand that breeds do not just appear but until it can be registered or is known by the AKC, AFTER generations and genrations it is a mutt. Plain and simple. It took a german shep , Rottweiler, weimaraner, German pincher and a Manchester terrier to get a Doberman. It took precise breeding of all those breeds to have what we call the Doberman. Today you breed a Doberman to a Doberman. Not a german pincher to a german shep and throw in some weimaraner, to get a Doberman (you get it)

If they are going to make the goldendoodle a breed its going to take generations and generations. Right now it is a mutt


Quote:
There needs to be generations and generations of breeding to refine and define a 'breed'....
That is correct.. you can not just take any old golden retriever and a poodle and breed it and expect purebreds. They need to have generations and generations to make it a purebred. Maybe one day they will be but right now they are not. Designer breeds are not real, people think they are and that's how people make money off of them

Last edited by Casey02; 03-10-2013 at 06:39 PM.
Casey02 is offline  
post #36 of 110 Old 03-10-2013, 06:37 PM
Started
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,877
• Horses: 0
Almondjoy- I can't like your post :(
Casey02 is offline  
post #37 of 110 Old 03-10-2013, 07:23 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Branson
Posts: 4,264
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by amberly View Post

I just want to tell EVERYONE that I put this up for the people who asked for more information, NOT to criticize or anything like that.
Well, I've asked twice for information, and you haven't answered yet. Once again - what outcrossing does the "registry" permit?
Faceman is offline  
post #38 of 110 Old 03-10-2013, 07:30 PM Thread Starter
Started
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Montana
Posts: 2,162
• Horses: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faceman View Post
- what outcrossing does the "registry" permit?
I am not entirely sure. The information I have does not say.

Sorry about not answering your question, I must have not seen it.

🔫 Don't Tread On Me 🐍
,.-~*'¨¯¨'*·~-.¸·,.-~*'¨¯¨'*·~-.¸
amberly is offline  
post #39 of 110 Old 03-10-2013, 07:37 PM
Weanling
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Utah, USA
Posts: 425
• Horses: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by amberly View Post
Yes, I do agree. Plus, there is nothing wrong with cross breeds. Purebreds aren't any better. Like on Hidalgo - they threatened his horse and beat him up, as well as make fun of him because his horse wasn't a purebred. But he won the race.
BUT, that doesn't mean that cross breeds are any better either.
Hidalgo was:

1.) a movie
2.) Debunked

Run a mustang 100 miles against an endurance arab and see who wins.

Your point is obsolete.

I don't really have anything to say about the "Blazer" except that I agree with most others here.
nvr2many and gogaited like this.
LoveMyDrummerBoy is offline  
post #40 of 110 Old 03-10-2013, 07:39 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Branson
Posts: 4,264
• Horses: 0
Thanks.

Considering their registration guidelines don't appear to specify, one can only assume they permit outcrossing to anything as long as one parent is registered. With that in mind, the horse would not be a breed by any stretch of the imagination, any more than a palomino or buckskin is a breed in their respective registries. There is nothing intrinsically wrong with that, but unless they permit no or very imited outcrossing, they are not a breed. If they are trying to develop a new breed, that is OK, but they must have some stated master plan as to conformation and skills and abilities, and govern registrations accordingly...
Faceman is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.



User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Would you like your horse to be feautured in Trail Blazer magazine? shumes Horse Pictures 2 02-02-2012 01:26 AM
Trakhaner breed, would love to learn more about this breed! Klassic Superstar Horse Breeds 20 01-03-2012 10:56 AM
Dam breed A, sire breed B doesn't equal dam breed B, sire breed A? manca Horse Breeding 4 10-09-2011 05:26 PM
Blazer Horse ScoutRacer Horse Breeds 3 04-13-2009 02:04 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome