The Blazer Horse - a little-known breed. - Page 7
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Horse Breeds, Breeding, and Genetics > Horse Breeds

The Blazer Horse - a little-known breed.

This is a discussion on The Blazer Horse - a little-known breed. within the Horse Breeds forums, part of the Horse Breeds, Breeding, and Genetics category
  • Gaited blazer horses

Like Tree183Likes

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    03-11-2013, 06:07 AM
  #61
Weanling
With horses and dogs alike, a breed can only even be considered to be a real breed when it reproduces true to type. An F1 generation Poodle x Lab is not a breed. Why? Because the F2 and any following generation will be all over the place.

Same goes for your "Blazer" horses. The fact that you have two "purebreds" and one is so far from the breed standard on so many levels, shows that they do not breed to type. It is insanely hard and takes many generations to get a crossbreed of two breeds to breed true to type, let alone four. So there is no breed.
Pretty much all legitimate new breeds are created out of a specific need - I.e. An animal is needed for a specific job. Someone who wakes up one day and starts making papers for crossbreeds on a computer in not a registry...
     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    03-11-2013, 08:33 AM
  #62
Yearling
Quote:
Originally Posted by Regula    
Pretty much all legitimate new breeds are created out of a specific need - I.e. An animal is needed for a specific job. Someone who wakes up one day and starts making papers for crossbreeds on a computer in not a registry...
yes, I agree. I kind of think of those registries like the "OFFICIAL CERTIFICATE OF AUTHENTICITY" you see being offered for dubious collectables on late night TV. Yeah, I have a printer and can make certificates all day
     
    03-11-2013, 10:37 AM
  #63
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by NdAppy    
Holy inbred horses... Good Chance Blazer
Hey...if you only gots a small herd and wants to breed, what choice do you have?...
     
    03-11-2013, 02:09 PM
  #64
Trained
Quote:
Originally Posted by amberly    
That may be because they also have quarter horse in them.

Neil Hinck combined the Morgan, American Quarter Horse, American Saddlebred, and the Thoroughbred.

They sure are beautiful and willing too.
That is a Heniz 57 horse
MsBHavin and nvr2many like this.
     
    03-11-2013, 02:13 PM
  #65
Trained
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverBelle    
I think people forget that cross breeds were the beginning of the purebred horses. All horses did not begin off as 'purebred' horses. The 'Quarter Horse' did not just appear out of thin air. Cross breeding had to happen for a new breed to be made. Blazers are a real horse, a real registry. Just because they are little known does not mean it is a scam. Granted, the Blazer breed has not been around long, and has not been refined completely because there are a lot of horses born that are 'blazers' that don't have the breed criteria, but that is just a matter of time.

I think everyone is jumping ahead of their selves.

Oh, and 'designer' dog breeds are real dog breeds that can be registered. Labradoodles and so on. They are not 'MUTTS', they are a designer breed.

They are still mutts
You are being brain washed
nvr2many, EliRose and Muppetgirl like this.
     
    03-11-2013, 02:15 PM
  #66
Trained
From my research the Arabian is the oldest Purebred horse going back thousands of years
     
    03-11-2013, 02:23 PM
  #67
Showing
Quote:
Originally Posted by amberly    
Neil Hinck combined the Morgan, American Quarter Horse, American Saddlebred, and the Thoroughbred.

They sure are beautiful and willing too.
So are Morgans, QHs, ASBs and TBs. Imagine that.

I have a legitimate question.

Pretty much all breeds were created to fill a specific niche. QHs were created because cowboys and ranchers needed a compact, strong, good-minded horse that was versatile and could work cattle. TBs were created to race. Gaited breeds, like the Missouri Fox Trotter, were created to provide a smooth gaited riding horse with good stamina so that the owner could be out all day checking the plantation or some such and not be sore from hours in the saddle (anyone else notice that almost all the American gaited breeds originated in the South, where a smooth, comfortable riding horse was needed to check the plantations? Just an observation...).

So, my question is this: What niche does the Blazer horse fill that isn't already filled by another, more established breed?
Posted via Mobile Device
     
    03-11-2013, 02:26 PM
  #68
Trained
Quote:
Originally Posted by Country Woman    
From my research the Arabian is the oldest Purebred horse going back thousands of years
this is my thoughts
     
    03-11-2013, 04:21 PM
  #69
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverBelle    
I think people forget that cross breeds were the beginning of the purebred horses. All horses did not begin off as 'purebred' horses. The 'Quarter Horse' did not just appear out of thin air. Cross breeding had to happen for a new breed to be made. Blazers are a real horse, a real registry. Just because they are little known does not mean it is a scam. Granted, the Blazer breed has not been around long, and has not been refined completely because there are a lot of horses born that are 'blazers' that don't have the breed criteria, but that is just a matter of time.

I think everyone is jumping ahead of their selves.

Oh, and 'designer' dog breeds are real dog breeds that can be registered. Labradoodles and so on. They are not 'MUTTS', they are a designer breed.
They are cross breeds with cutesy names designed to scam people out of their money.
     
    03-11-2013, 05:01 PM
  #70
Green Broke
Just a FYI, I have some ocean front property for sale in Arizona that is full of these horses for sale cheap!
EliRose and Stichy like this.
     

Quick Reply
Please help keep the Horse Forum enjoyable by reporting rude posts.
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Old Thread Warning
This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Would you like your horse to be feautured in Trail Blazer magazine? shumes Horse Pictures 2 02-02-2012 02:26 AM
Trakhaner breed, would love to learn more about this breed! Klassic Superstar Horse Breeds 20 01-03-2012 11:56 AM
Dam breed A, sire breed B doesn't equal dam breed B, sire breed A? manca Horse Breeding 4 10-09-2011 06:26 PM
Blazer Horse ScoutRacer Horse Breeds 3 04-13-2009 03:04 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0