Brock's breeding - any other guesses? :) - Page 2
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Horse Breeds, Breeding, and Genetics > Horse Breeds

Brock's breeding - any other guesses? :)

This is a discussion on Brock's breeding - any other guesses? :) within the Horse Breeds forums, part of the Horse Breeds, Breeding, and Genetics category

    Like Tree17Likes

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        11-13-2012, 06:16 AM
      #11
    Foal
    If he does have a brand try googling it or look on your local thoroughbred register website. He might not have been freeze branded so it might be faint and also have him checked for a microchip
    Posted via Mobile Device
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        11-13-2012, 07:26 AM
      #12
    Started
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CattieD    
    If he does have a brand try googling it or look on your local thoroughbred register website. He might not have been freeze branded so it might be faint and also have him checked for a microchip
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Nope no brand - all racing bred TBs in Aus are freeze branded which keeps things simple Also no microchip. He's not really "steroid" big, he's large boned, broad chested and has really big hooves, but his muscling is pretty normal (all that padding is fat lol, would love if it turned into muscle by itself!).
    Posted via Mobile Device
         
        11-13-2012, 02:00 PM
      #13
    Yearling
    These are pictures of two of my thoroughbreds. I love the big boned types. These boys are just like yours - particularly Nibbler (on my avatar) who everyone thinks is a warmblood (till they see his brands). The Phantom is unbranded and was bred for jumping - never raced. Thoroughbreds range from very small and fine through to these types
    I LOVE these big boys
    Attached Images
    File Type: jpg run6.jpg (14.1 KB, 38 views)
    File Type: jpg nibbs.jpg (39.1 KB, 40 views)
    EvilHorseOfDoom likes this.
         
        11-13-2012, 05:09 PM
      #14
    Started
    I dunno, Merlot - both yours look very TB to me, just slightly on the heavier boned side but their heads, necks, movement and feet are typical TB. Super gorgeous, the pair of them! I love TBs

    When I say Brock's hooves are big, I mean they are bigger than anything I've seen outside of those on an 18hh Clydie! They're like dinnerplates. Not sure it shows very well on my pics but they're not the sort you want landing on your tootsies

    I've got a profile shot of his head somewhere which shows what I mean by it being typical, but it's the movement that's really different. All his gaits are really big and very elastic, he doesn't have that flat gallop or long low trot - everything is really elevated and springy (what sold me on him). I've never seen a TB move like him from 10 years of being around them, unless they'd done a heap of dressage training, which he hasn't.
    Posted via Mobile Device
         
        11-13-2012, 06:27 PM
      #15
    Yearling
    Hmmmm can you take a pic of the hooves?
    Your boy sounds devine - those great looks WITH fabulous movement!!! Lucky you! Cheers
         
        11-13-2012, 06:51 PM
      #16
    Started
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Merlot    
    hmmmm can you take a pic of the hooves?
    Your boy sounds devine - those great looks WITH fabulous movement!!! Lucky you! Cheers
    I know, he was a bargain and (when he doesn't buck) he's an awesome ride. Some days I do miss that lovely effortless TB movement though, it's a lot less exhausting to keep up with - and Brock doesn't gallop, so I miss the pure speed!

    I'll take a pic of his clodhoppers on Saturday! Meanwhile, here is his head. Very boofy and almost hammerheaded from side on...



    ...but quite narrow and tapered from front on:



    Oh, and he doesn't always look pretty He features heavily in the "ugliest photo of your horse" thread, can manage to look like a cross between a particularly stubborn mule and an alpaca on some days
    Merlot likes this.
         
        11-13-2012, 08:16 PM
      #17
    Green Broke
    I agree that he does not strike me as a race-bred TB but more of a hunter/jumper bred with strong/heavy bones
         
        11-13-2012, 10:34 PM
      #18
    Trained
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by EvilHorseOfDoom    
    I know, he was a bargain and (when he doesn't buck) he's an awesome ride. Some days I do miss that lovely effortless TB movement though, it's a lot less exhausting to keep up with - and Brock doesn't gallop, so I miss the pure speed!

    I'll take a pic of his clodhoppers on Saturday! Meanwhile, here is his head. Very boofy and almost hammerheaded from side on...



    ...but quite narrow and tapered from front on:



    Oh, and he doesn't always look pretty He features heavily in the "ugliest photo of your horse" thread, can manage to look like a cross between a particularly stubborn mule and an alpaca on some days
    Did I ever tell you the story of my fiery, steel grey purebred Arab stallion, proud father of a super filly, when the professional photographer came? No?
    All I can say is.....donkey
    EvilHorseOfDoom and Merlot like this.
         
        11-13-2012, 10:42 PM
      #19
    Started
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by deserthorsewoman    
    Did I ever tell you the story of my fiery, steel grey purebred Arab stallion, proud father of a super filly, when the professional photographer came? No?
    All I can say is.....donkey
    They do it deliberately, ya know! Do you still have the photos?

    In this one, I was trying to take a photo for his ad. Understandably, it wasn't used because he managed to make himself look as fugly as possible This is what I mean by alpaca (Butt-high looking too in this one, even though he's level in real life. Ugh.)

         
        11-13-2012, 11:04 PM
      #20
    Yearling
    Yup, there's a technique to taking great photographs of horses
    EvilHorseOfDoom likes this.
         

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    Just...hooray! Good boy, Brock! EvilHorseOfDoom Horse Talk 0 09-29-2012 07:55 AM
    Might be farewelling Brock EvilHorseOfDoom Horse Training 55 09-12-2012 05:03 PM
    Piccies of Brock EvilHorseOfDoom Horse Pictures 11 06-26-2012 08:56 AM
    Hello from Meiko and Brock :) EvilHorseOfDoom Meet the Community 4 06-17-2012 08:43 AM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:05 PM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0